Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was a single parent and brought my two young daughters to see Key West I did not mind the Pink Taxis too much, but having a Gay Men's Sex kit on display in almost every single store window was a real turn off.

I wasn't expecting it, and I could not get them away from there fast enough.

When I was a single parent and brought my two young daughters to see Key West I did not mind the Pink Taxis too much, but having a Gay Men's Sex kit on display in almost every single store window was a real turn off.

I wasn't expecting it, and I could not get them away from there fast enough.
Really not sure what your talking about. But then again I didn't bring young kids so maybe I didn't see what you saw. If you went during fantasy fest then anything is possible.

I was at mount Rushmore in 2008 Sturgis bike week . Family in an RV had No idea what was going on but what was really cool the 300 or so "bikers" let them get in front of the line to see the monument. Met up with them at the campground lempher . Actually made them change their minds about "bikers"

Yep don't see them on my phone but can see them on the laptop.
Rotate your phone 90 degrees - they show up for me then. Kinda cool actually since it saves space, but I can still see the info if I want to. They really ARE smart phones!

Going to be a busy day today.
Our varsity boys basketball plays in the second of four rounds of the region basketball playoffs. We have the 2 seed and beat the 1 seed during the regular season matchup but as you know, “any given Sunday”. We beat the team we are playing today by 23 points a few weeks back but nothing is guaranteed.

The boys state hockey tournament finals are today as well. Minnesota produces more D1 hockey players than any other state so the tournament is loaded with talent. It’s by far the best tournament at any level that I watch as most of the games are close. A team about 90 miles from here is playing for the class A championship. IIRC they’ve placed in the top 3 in 9 out of the last ten tournaments with two of them being championships so needless to say they’ve got a good program.

I’m probably going to haul another load of wood to the house. Burn times are getting pretty long, we often only need to load twice a day now. Since it’s nice I would like to do some cutting but need to find some trees. Maybe will see if my neighbors woodlot has any standing dead.

Going to be a busy day today.
I’m probably going to haul another load of wood to the house. Burn times are getting pretty long, we often only need to load twice a day now. Since it’s nice I would like to do some cutting but need to find some trees. Maybe will see if my neighbors woodlot has any standing dead.
Good morning Steve.
Took a nice walk around the neighbors property earlier under beautiful blue skies and surveyed some trees to cut. The storm that trash many trees on our property last summer also pushed many down at his place too. I ran into him at the meat market, asked him if he wanted the leaners taken down and he said take what you want. filling my woodshed for two yrs out will probably be getting put on hold, gotta get while the getting is good :). Hope you can find some good ones to get too.

Good morning Steve.
Took a nice walk around the neighbors property earlier under beautiful blue skies and surveyed some trees to cut. The storm that trash many trees on our property last summer also pushed many down at his place too. I ran into him at the meat market, asked him if he wanted the leaners taken down and he said take what you want. filling my woodshed for two yrs out will probably be getting put on hold, gotta get while the getting is good :). Hope you can find some good ones to get too.
Have you been down I-94 lately and seen where they're clearing the right of way?

Well, most of you know I don't scrounge much. My cousin is in the tree business and I have two farms I can collect standing dead Oak, and now Ash on. Starting Monday I'm starting my first scrounge from a stranger, and they are only paying me $250 a day to haul out 30 or so downed Oaks. A storm went through last year and every friend they have has been cutting, but all they can handle is the limb wood. Pretty much all we have is 28-32" White Oak saw logs. Hope to get 4 loads a day home. Taking the new FEL to help. Wish me luck!

Well, most of you know I don't scrounge much. My cousin is in the tree business and I have two farms I can collect standing dead Oak, and now Ash on. Starting Monday I'm starting my first scrounge from a stranger, and they are only paying me $250 a day to haul out 30 or so downed Oaks. A storm went through last year and every friend they have has been cutting, but all they can handle is the limb wood. Pretty much all we have is 28-32" White Oak saw logs. Hope to get 4 loads a day home. Taking the new FEL to help. Wish me luck!
Go Joe!!! BTW you SUCK!!!!!:buttkick:

be sure to post up some pics.:drinkingcoffee:

Okay, the new format is just that, new , but I'm on many car sites that look like this and it takes a while to get used to. There are threads about it ,why not keep the comments there
No poplar there?

Poplar is easy to cut, split, and dries fast. I can‘t think of a worse smelling firewood than poplar though. Cat urine comes to mind....

Latest posts

Back