Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then why did he get tested for it :rolleyes:?

From the Royal Aust College of General Practitioners:

Dr Chris Higgins tested positive to the infection after he had treated more than 70 patients while having what he thought was a mild cold. Dr Higgins initially hesitated to test himself as he did not meet the Government’s own criteria, but decided to do one ‘for sake of completeness’.

Not scrounging but a bit of fun in the back 20 in the swamp. This is the ONE time of the year where we have all this water and wildlife back there to see with zero mosquitoes swarms[emoji13].

It is dry enough for scrounging for a few (maybe 4) months in the summer. I don’t take much from it. I won’t cut anything standing out there and most everything that has fallen is too far gone by the time it falls.

Water is an inch or 2 higher this year i think. got a feeling this will be a bad mosquito year as last year for some reason they were almost nonexistent at our house for most of the summer. It was very odd.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Not scrounging but a bit of fun in the back 20 in the swamp. This is the ONE time of the year where we have all this water and wildlife back there to see with zero mosquitoes swarms[emoji13].

It is dry enough for scrounging for a few (maybe 4) months in the summer. I don’t take much from it. I won’t cut anything standing out there and most everything that has fallen is too far gone by the time it falls.

Water is an inch or 2 higher this year i think. got a feeling this will be a bad mosquito year as last year for some reason they were almost nonexistent at our house for most of the summer. It was very odd.

Another episode of swamp people :laugh:.

Another episode of swamp people :laugh:.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

[emoji2957][emoji2957][emoji2957][emoji2957]

Never seen a Michigan rattler out here before but I know this is their favorite kind of place. [emoji15]

FYI - site member / sponsor Fordf150 just posted on FB that he had a fire at his new shop, and it is a total loss. Started a thread on this:
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/fordf150-shop-fire-loss.340903/
Philbert

My gosh this is heart wrenching. As much as we all hate paying insurance it is a life saver a lot of times in cases like this. I hope he at least had pictures of the inventory[emoji53]. I’m not sure how it all works with claiming stuff with this kind of situation but I hope the best for them.

It's just the flu or no worse than. The flu has killed more people per year than this thing has. Anyone suggesting it might be a serious disruption are nut case Chicken Little's who need to get off the computer and go cut something. ;)
Survived every pandemic so far in my lifetime, biggest ones, being AIDS, which is still a pandemic, SARS, even the beer strike of 1985!

When I was building this house back in 1985 I was the victim of arson. The only reason I had insurance on it was because the guy that gave me the second mortgage insisted on it!

It did not cover the extra year of my life I had to spend rebuilding it, but at least it saved me from financial ruin!

Don't know what happened with F-150's shop, but I feel for him!

Survived every pandemic so far in my lifetime, biggest ones, being AIDS, which is still a pandemic, SARS, even the beer strike of 1985!
We had a beer strike here in the early 90s, almost didn't survive the bad beer that guys were bootlegging from NB brewries that ramped up in a hurry to fill the void.

Had bees about 10 years ago but to many issuses trying to keep them going. Had about 10 hives up and running for a few years. Sold most of my hive bodies and extractor. Keep my veil and suit and a couple of hives and nuc boxes in case i catch a swarm.

Bummer.
My buddy got into Bees last year, caught five swarms went into the winner with for hives, all for survived. He also got a ton of money off of his hives the first summer, which is unusual. He’s going to try to catch some swarms for us this year too.

Well, no need for me to seek a place to scrounge wood this year, and I think I'll be set for the next couple of years.
@James Miller
@farmer steve
Remember that big maple that came down at my BIL's place? Fun times.
:surprised3:

Their neighbor (the one whose fence almost became a casualty) is having that lovely oak tree taken down. My BIL also wants the black locust and the other maple gone. They're getting a tree service for these. 1 job site, 2 days, 3 trees, anything 4" and larger is mine. They'll take care of the slash.

The funny thing is - I think that monster maple was bigger than the locust and this smaller maple combined.

IMG_5826.jpgIMG_5827.jpg

Well, no need for me to seek a place to scrounge wood this year, and I think I'll be set for the next couple of years.
@James Miller
@farmer steve

Their neighbor (the one whose fence almost became a casualty) is having that lovely oak tree taken down. My BIL also wants the black locust and the other maple gone. They're getting a tree service for these. 1 job site, 2 days, 3 trees, anything 4" and larger is mine. They'll take care of the slash.

The funny thing is - I think that monster maple was bigger than the locust and this smaller maple combined.

View attachment 805467View attachment 805468

Cool! And the best thing is you get that maple split and stacked ASAP and you can burn it this coming winter if needed [emoji1303].

AWSOME scrounge

@James Miller
@farmer steve

View attachment 805467View attachment 805468
Have saws will travel. Truck should be getting a transmission shortly so that should be good to go by then.
Won't be much grass to mow till you stack all that at your place.

Back