Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a call from my next door neighbor today … he is NYPD and was at work.

Reports are that bus loads of protesters are heading our way tonight, (we have been targeted), and he has been working since early morning and will not be home till tomorrow morning. By default, I inherited "Neighborhood Watch Duty". Luckily, other than a few sirens, and reports that a Vol Fire Co circled their station with fire trucks to protect the building, everything was uneventful. The protests are scheduled for tomorrow night, we will see what happens. I find it hard to imagine they will be dumb enough to leave the urban areas.

Got a call from my next door neighbor today … he is NYPD and was at work.

Reports are that bus loads of protesters are heading our way tonight, (we have been targeted), and he has been working since early morning and will not be home till tomorrow morning. By default, I inherited "Neighborhood Watch Duty". Luckily, other than a few sirens, and reports that a Vol Fire Co circled their station with fire trucks to protect the building, everything was uneventful. The protests are scheduled for tomorrow night, we will see what happens. I find it hard to imagine they will be dumb enough to leave the urban areas.
All of the towns around here are instituting a curfew when protests are in the works. Anyone out of their home after 8 pm or before 6 am will be arrested unless they can prove they were heading to work or a very few other reasons.

A guy I know fenced off his garden with 6' fence. One day he accidentally forgot to close the door and the garden was full of deer. He shut the door and they all just leapt the fence LOL

up along the county line near my place... if u want a garden, especially in town... it takes a 12' fence to keep the deer out! putting one up sure drives up the cost of tomatoes... lol

we have been getting some pretty nice ones lately. big beef. the biggest one in pix weighed in at 10.2 oz! :)

PB100001.JPGPB100012.JPG

I have mostly been using Spar Urethane instead of Epoxy … :)

I like it too! spar urethane by Varathane. using it on a couple of woodworking projects... good stuff! fights uv rays, too.
Image result for image spar urethane can

I thought about killing it but while I was thinking it disappeared into a pile of rocks I’ll be moving next weekend. In any case I figure they’re all over the garden so what’s the point of killing it.

I draw the line with spiders when they try to join in the post-scrounge recreation.

Spider.jpg

:surprised3:

I draw the line with spiders when they try to join in the post-scrounge recreation.

View attachment 832798

:surprised3:
Even stupid people have self-preservation instincts.
I thought you were someone else replying to your post above :laugh:.
I also read "post-scrounge reproduction" which was funny seeing the bed lol.
I need to go to bed, I'll check for spiders first :yes:, not sure on the reproduction:lol: .

All of the towns around here are instituting a curfew when protests are in the works. Anyone out of their home after 8 pm or before 6 am will be arrested unless they can prove they were heading to work or a very few other reasons.
We had a curfew, but it didn't stop many.
It's all quite sad.
1st, not really a trophy I'd want :numberone: .

I need to go to bed, I'll check for spiders first :yes:, not sure on the reproduction:lol: .

Always worth a try, you just never know.

We had a curfew, but it didn't stop many.
It's all quite sad.
1st, not really a trophy I'd want :numberone: .

Stupid young buck. Tried the "I've been trying to connect with my birth mother and been trying to get a job" line on the judge. Doesn't count for much when you then go out rioting and destroying other people's property you dopey f*(k. I hope he gets the maximum 10 years, along with the rest of them. No excuses.

Well last night folks that were assembled after curfew were fired upon by NG with rubber pellets.

911 in the heavily destroyed area was not working. People were complaining as emergency responders weren’t available for those who sustained injuries from the pellets.

So 4 days ago y’all burned down the police station and today you want, no y’all demand emergency services.:badpc:

I think they should make those they catch rioting financially liable for the damage so that "we the taxpayers" are not endlessly stuck paying for the damage they do through increased taxes and insurance costs.

If they are on public assistance, they should even be able to glom a % of that. There needs to be consequences for doing this crap! (Keeping him in jail just costs us even more!)

Welp, got word from the wife that they ordered me some chaps! Been wanting a pair for a while to be more safe, and wanted made in USA ones. They ordered me the Labonville wrap chaps. Stoked!

No I just need an arborist helmet, and a new bar/chain for the Binford 254XS. Still debating on what to do, right now I'm torn between an 18" Tusumara LW in .325 or a 20" Tusumara LW in 3/8....

up along the county line near my place... if u want a garden, especially in town... it takes a 12' fence to keep the deer out! putting one up sure drives up the cost of tomatoes... lol

we have been getting some pretty nice ones lately. big beef. the biggest one in pix weighed in at 10.2 oz! :)

View attachment 832795View attachment 832796
Love home grown tow-maters! Those look delicious!!

My favorite variety are Brandywine's (spelling?). Stupid good sliced for sammiches, on burgers, or with just salt!

I think they should make those they catch rioting financially liable for the damage so that "we the taxpayers" are not endlessly stuck paying for the damage they do through increased taxes and insurance costs.

If they are on public assistance, they should even be able to glom a % of that. There needs to be consequences for doing this crap! (Keeping him in jail just costs us even more!)
Absolutely agree but I am sure that they would say that is R word.

Absolutely agree but I am sure that they would say that is R word.
Did you watch that video I posted, up to 10yrs in the pen for it here, that little 18yr old was sniveling pretty bad. While I feel for him there are consequences for our actions, for folks to act that way it shows me they haven't paid them up to that point, it seems they owe a lot of interest :envy:, but hopefully they will learn.

View attachment 832798 :surprised3:

yikes! :omg: reminds me of the Spider Song... rhyme: itsy Bitsy Spider (learned it in 1st grade) , although that guy... don't look too itsy bitsy to me! :surprised3:

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout.
Down came the rain
and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun
and dried up all the rain
and the itsy bitsy spider climbed up the spout again

'here, here!' crazy, huh! just don't make no sense to me... :(

Latest posts

Back