Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jan 5. Saw doc yesterday. Legs swollen drastically. I've been wearing compression socks that don't seem to do anything, legs still swollen when I take them off nights.; He uped my Lasix (pee pill) doseage to 20mg 2x day.
Appointment for lube/'oil on car this morning 9am. Clear sky, slight breeze looked like more split/pile when back...Nope, legs so painful I couldn't bear to walk to the tractor - that usually clears it up IF I can get that far. Sitting around the house for the rest of the day doing nothing I guess.
Hang in there. My buddy had a torn tendon in his ankle. He had to have one taken from the out side of his foot to replace the torn one on the inside. Been a year and 2 months. He says it's looking good now. I'd hate to have seen it when it was bad. Now that it's good, it's still about 3 times as big as his good ankle. He is a skinny guy though.

Take it easy and do what you can, you're retired, no need to push it.

Jan 5. Saw doc yesterday. Legs swollen drastically. I've been wearing compression socks that don't seem to do anything, legs still swollen when I take them off nights.; He uped my Lasix (pee pill) doseage to 20mg 2x day.
Appointment for lube/'oil on car this morning 9am. Clear sky, slight breeze looked like more split/pile when back...Nope, legs so painful I couldn't bear to walk to the tractor - that usually clears it up IF I can get that far. Sitting around the house for the rest of the day doing nothing I guess.
Get well soon buddy.

Hit a deer... maybe two of them, only found one. No scrounge buggy for a while.
81196322295c38c2c9fb16ddc05d12b0.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

I do get compulsive about cleaning stuff, and try to offer anything I sell as clean as reasonably possible ('pass through' items excluded) so that they look the best, and so the buyer can see what they are getting.
It may be more important on cars than saws, but I'm amazed at some automobile listings for sale. Put a little bit of effort in cleaning it and they could ask $1000 more. Probably goes for anything I guess with diminishing returns the lower the value of the product.

This post is not intended to disparage any individual seller. The description bearing similarity to any sellers, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

It may be more important on cars than saws, but I'm amazed at some automobile listings for sale. Put a little bit of effort in cleaning it and they could ask $1000 more. Probably goes for anything I guess with diminishing returns the lower the value of the product.

This post is not intended to disparage any individual seller. The description bearing similarity to any sellers, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
In MN we will frequently see "project cars" listed in the dead of winter and half of the car is covered in snow. Someone had a VW beetle for sale and all you could see was the windshield and part of the drivers fender.

Or you get the pics of a car taken in the dark and you cannot even discern what color it is.

No pressure washer lol.
I bought a 346 one time that had a leak on the bottom between the cases, pretty sure the gasket was blown inside by a pressure washer :rare2:. The great thing is the seller is a great guy and once I realized what was up he agreed to have it fixed as he couldn't do it at the time:cheers:.
Really? I have a hard time seeing a pressure washer do that, guess it’s possible with a really old saw and loose bolts. I used to take my saws to the car wash once in while and know of several other guys that did, never heard of or had a problem. Always ran them for a bit afterwards to dry things out. I’m sure some pressure washers are quite a bit stronger than car wash ones too.

In MN we will frequently see "project cars" listed in the dead of winter and half of the car is covered in snow. Someone had a VW beetle for sale and all you could see was the windshield and part of the drivers fender.

Or you get the pics of a car taken in the dark and you cannot even discern what color it is.
Yep - saw a Jeep Wrangler list for $5800 with a couple of terrible pictures. Gone in a day (it was a great deal.) 5 days later same jeep listed for $8500 - cleaned up and some good photos. Gone in a couple days.

My neighbor finally talked me into cutting out some hackberries that I wouldn’t touch over the summer because of the poison ivy. I covered up wore glasses and it is not as bad in the winter but I got some in my eye now it’s swelled up and I am waiting for the meds to kick in

Attachments

• 79B53E6E-50E4-4F05-B9CE-B53C2B25468D.jpeg
    79B53E6E-50E4-4F05-B9CE-B53C2B25468D.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 12
Bondhus out of Monticello, Minnesota

We use a lot of Klein stuff at work that is pretty good other than that whoa German but pretty good. I haven’t tried that brand I will have to look into it
They make good stuff, including the ball-end hex wrenches, which are life-savers in some situations.

Philbert

Hit a deer... maybe two of them, only found one. No scrounge buggy for a while.
81196322295c38c2c9fb16ddc05d12b0.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

A real bummer. I did that with my car several years ago. Body shop worked with me to keep the damage from a total. Yours looks worse than mine - it only got the left from fender and the dust sheilds. Blue book on car was only a few thousand.

Hopefully he lasix will kick in and help. Feel better soon!

Latest posts

Back