Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My arm was pretty sore the day after at the spot of injection. No side effects yet but I hear the second shot is the one that gets you.
My arm was also sore after the first injection, a little less so after the second. Had no real effects at all from the second one. My wife felt fatigued after her second one, but then she was halfway expecting it, so . . .

Why would you get it at all?
Why wouldn't I?

Much of my work has me face to face with people over age 65. If I can significantly reduce the risk (Moderna is currently estimated at 92 percent effective) that I contract or spread the virus to people who do not have the immunity to fight it off, I am all for it. And I can tell you, if I spread it to someone while I was asymptomatic and they ended up dying, I would have a really hard time living with myself.

Yes I am aware of the risks, complications, side effects, and limitations.

I took the "new" Lyme disease vaccine back in the late 90's too and eventually it was announced that it has reduced effectiveness as time goes on and a booster is unavailable. But when I contracted Lyme in 2018 my symptoms were very mild compared to what most people endured with Lyme. Was it the vaccine or am I just a tough SOB? Nobody will ever know.

It is unfortunate that this whole Covid thing has turned into another left vs right argument.

My arm was also sore after the first injection, a little less so after the second. Had no real effects at all from the second one. My wife felt fatigued after her second one, but then she was halfway expecting it, so . . .
Studies have shown that men have less reactions to the vaccine than women. Which is interesting.

It is unfortunate that this whole Covid thing has turned into another left vs right argument.
I can agree with this. So why did you make it into a partisan issue.
So are you saying I'm right, or left since I refuse to take it?
Yes I am aware of the risks, complications, side effects, and limitations.
No you're not, because that information has not been made know to the public. It's also only been out for a short period, how could you possibly know these things.
The only info on the "side effects"(which aren't side effects but are direct effects), I have no side effects and never will because I won't take it, are from within the last yr in healthy individuals choose for the trial. Added cause I forgot to include it :) You could look on the VAERS site, but even when they did their own audit of that system they said that only 10% of the adverse reactions are recorded there, most people in the industry say about 1% actually get reported.
Moderna is currently estimated at 92 percent effective
Based on what, 92% effective at what.
Is this a decision you made with your doctor, or because you watched a commercial on TV.
Lets look at it like buying a new model saw, you see the commercials and it looks great, then you talk with your local dealer and he says it's awesome, so you buy it. Since it's a new model and no-one knows how well it will work other than the instant results it gives. How can you make a statement like it's 92% effective.
The way I look at it is that if theres a new car out and I want one and have the money to afford it, who cares if it ends up being a lemon, what's $30-70k when I can afford it. But if I don't have the cash and need to make a wise decision I should be a bit more careful and I'd go with something with a bit of a track record.To me, I have one body and I don't want to take a chance on a product from a company who has no track record at all except failures(moderna) or even getting one from a company who has been sued many times for selling products that harm people.
It's an experimental vaccine and when you take it you are entering into a vaccine trial!

Left or right, I don’t care. I would take it in either arm. Or in my buttocks if that was where they said it should go. Vaccines work. Why be afraid of this one when you have had so many already in your life?
I think you're mistaking the vac with the new test for c19, which is an anal swab, go for it man.
Have you ever done a study of the efficacy of any vaccine, probably not, but that doesn't surprise me since big Pharma doesn't either, nor has the CDC for that matter.
But if you want them, go for it, but don't tell me I have too ;).
Do you realize that many of the treatments they are pushing for c19 are not vaccines at a traditional vaccine is concerned. They are rather gene therapy, they tell your body to react, unlike traditional vacs that ask your body to react, it's more like programing rather than making a request.
It's interesting that those who know nothing about them will go get them based on a few public announcements or commercials, but even those in the vaccine industry are saying they won't take it and that it was rushed and it hasn't been properly tested. Many have concerns because there has never been a successful mRNA "vac" made, when ever the animals in testing went into the challenge phase of testing many died!
You guy let me know how it works out, I'll take my "chances".

Neighbor had some maple trees cut down and wanted it all gone. New tractor came in very helpful with all the work. I have followed this thread for awhile now you guys are hard workers.
d2431b07b957ae49bc032340e402aaec.jpg
51e6469583a7ce9fa7ac2f374469dc02.jpg
036f59999f28bc7847d784a9583b2c3a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I can go on and on with links and videos about the vac's, masks... just let me know if you'd like more info :drinkingcoffee: .

But here's a little bit more of the wood I've managed to get done, gotta scrounge as much of the dry weather as I can before the rain comes. Sure would be nice to get this all done this month.
Started with this today.
Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 11.33.34 AM.png
Here's where I'm at now, the piles getting bigger, can't get the rototiller in the picture from the same angle anymore because the splitter has been backed up.
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 2.01.50 PM.png
Had a few pieces slip out of the bucket, well off the stack above the bucket today :oops:.
The black locust rounds without bark are very slick, I had already picked that one up.
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 2.02.26 PM.png
But I made up for it on the next bucket load :rock:.
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 2.02.44 PM.png

Neighbor had some maple trees cut down and wanted it all gone. New tractor came in very helpful with all the work. I have followed this thread for awhile now you guys are hard workers.
d2431b07b957ae49bc032340e402aaec.jpg
51e6469583a7ce9fa7ac2f374469dc02.jpg
036f59999f28bc7847d784a9583b2c3a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Wow, nice haul of maple!
I like the new tractor and attachments as well.
Congrats.

I can agree with this. So why did you make it into a partisan issue.
So are you saying I'm right, or left since I refuse to take it?

No you're not, because that information has not been made know to the public. It's also only been out for a short period, how could you possibly know these things.
The only info on the "side effects"(which aren't side effects but are direct effects), I have no side effects and never will because I won't take it.
You could look on the VAERS site, but even when they did their own audit of that system they said that only 10% of the adverse reactions are recorded there, most people in the industry say about 1% actually get reported.

Based on what, 92% effective at what.
Is this a decision you made with your doctor, or because you watched a commercial on TV.
Lets look at it like buying a new model saw, you see the commercials and it looks great, then you talk with your local dealer and he says it's awesome, so you buy it. Since it's a new model and no-one knows how well it will work other than the instant results it gives. How can you make a statement like it's 92% effective.
The way I look at it is that if theres a new car out and I want one and have the money to afford it, who cares if it ends up being a lemon, what's $30-70k when I can afford it. But if I don't have the cash and need to make a wise decision I should be a bit more careful and I'd go with something with a bit of a track record.To me, I have one body and I don't want to take a chance on a product from a company who has no track record at all except failures(moderna) or even getting one from a company who has been sued many times for selling products that harm people.
It's an experimental vaccine and when you take it you are entering into a vaccine trial!
As you are my friend, I want to say this as kindly as possible and mean no disrespect in any way. I am not looking to change your mind and you will not change mine.

We can run in circles forever debating the effectiveness, the presence or absence of side effects, the fact that it has not been out very long, etc. You have made your opinion on this issue very clear and no matter what facts are presented now, next year, or 20 years from now, you aren't getting vaccinated. Absolutely not no way no how are you ever getting the vaccine. We get it.

That is your choice.

My choice is to get the vaccine. I have given you the reasons why, which you have attempted to rebuff. And no matter what I said you would dismiss them because you will not get the vaccine. So I question why you asked in the first place, knowing no answer that I provided would be satisfactory?

Now, to get back to the left versus right. You KNOW I am right of center politically yet I willingly chose to get the vaccine at the very first chance it was offered to me. Yet I am being attacked with the same old far right rhetoric and because of that am being grouped as a sheep of far left. In the words of MJ....

D29EBDDB-1C3D-47A3-9005-39F31B443C61.jpeg

My arm was pretty sore the day after at the spot of injection. No side effects yet but I hear the second shot is the one that gets you.

The only effect I had was after the first one. I could NOT get warm in bed that night even with an electric blanket. No effect after the second, Cutting buddy had the chill effect after the second, not the first. Those are the only two reactions I know about in our extended group.

Back