Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you are my friend, I want to say this as kindly as possible and mean no disrespect in any way. I am not looking to change your mind and you will not change mine.

We can run in circles forever debating the effectiveness, the presence or absence of side effects, the fact that it has not been out very long, etc. You have made your opinion on this issue very clear and no matter what facts are presented now, next year, or 20 years from now, you aren't getting vaccinated. Absolutely not no way no how are you ever getting the vaccine. We get it.

That is your choice.

My choice is to get the vaccine. I have given you the reasons why, which you have attempted to rebuff. And no matter what I said you would dismiss them because you will not get the vaccine. So I question why you asked in the first place, knowing no answer that I provided would be satisfactory?

Now, to get back to the left versus right. You KNOW I am right of center politically yet I willingly chose to get the vaccine at the very first chance it was offered to me. Yet I am being attacked with the same old far right rhetoric and because of that am being grouped as a sheep of far left. In the words of MJ....

View attachment 893987
I think it's funny you should bring left/right into the whole thing in the first place, if you're opposed to it being that way, why bring it up.
Are you putting it out there as a defense prior to the charge?
Are you saying I'm an old fart, or that I'm just using old fart rhetoric lol. I never lumped anyone, I'm just curious of what facts people in general are using to make a decision to get involved in a vaccine trial when they are healthy and are not struggling for money. As far as the meme, you seem awfully sensitive about a decision you've made, so much so you get offended when people offer alternative thoughts?

No, you won't change my mind in the short term, and I doubt the future will change my mind since it will be gone in less than a yr and not because of the "vacs"(average lifespan of a virus is around 2yrs), but at the same time I won't let the facts be undeclared. That being said I'm an individual who likes science and I'm also willing to be wrong, I'm not afraid to say how I feel/what I believe, even though now and then I'm wrong. I find it rather odd that critical thinking has gone out the window for the most part and so many decisions are being made on a whim and as though
We can't run in circles debating the efficacy, all you have to tell me is the #'s that the manufacture has given you. Do you know how they came upon those numbers, do you know how those numbers effect a person of your age/health/color. Let's be real, you took it and now you will feel the need to reject anything negative. You've also already expressed that much of the decision was based on feelings of concern for those you work around, which I understand fully. But the asymptomatic spreader is a rare occurrence in any virus, although it does happen. That being said 40% or so of all who have died from c19 have been in retirement facilities, 94% died with on average 2.6 co-morbidities, so if someone is that ill why would they be coming into an office to visit you, and if they choose to isn't that their choice. I know I wouldn't ask you to get a vaccine to extend my life, especially if I was nearing the end of mine. Quarantine the sick, not the healthy.

Friend or not, I call it how I see it( I thought that's what friends did:cheers:), left or right(not that I'm either) as that's one of the biggest problems in government is the divid between the two, there are people who are correct on both sides. It seems to me that we usually need to find that middle ground, problem with the vacs is there is no middle ground if you take it.
Remember when I said Reagan screwed up in 1986, when he signed the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act(only major issue I had with him), I've stood staunchly against trumps warp speed(biggest issue I have with him other than his pride, but not the only one). One thing that's been consistent from Reagan till today is Fauci :nofunny:. Do you know that there are more lobbyist in DC for the pharmaceutical industry than all the other lobbyist together, do you know how deep those ties go when it comes to Fauci.
So you know that the two guys who have done the most in what many have called the anti-vax community both are dems ;).
Yes and there’s no need to attack those who feel differently.
Not sure where the attack took place.
I was attacked once, I still have scars from it, but I don't trust the guy.
I read somewhere:
"Wounds from a friend can be trusted,
but an enemy multiplies kisses.":heart:.
Obviously I can't change your mind, but knowing what I know I refuse to sit idly by without speaking.
I asked because I want to know how to help others.
This is how I feel:
1The word of the Lord came to me: 2“Son of man, speak to your people and say to them: ‘When I bring the sword against a land, and the people of the land choose one of their men and make him their watchman, 3and he sees the sword coming against the land and blows the trumpet to warn the people, 4then if anyone hears the trumpet but does not heed the warning and the sword comes and takes their life, their blood will be on their own head. 5Since they heard the sound of the trumpet but did not heed the warning, their blood will be on their own head. If they had heeded the warning, they would have saved themselves. 6But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes someone’s life, that person’s life will be taken because of their sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for their blood.’

Don't you think it would be much easier if I just went along with it all...

I think it's funny you should bring left/right into the whole thing in the first place, if you're opposed to it being that way, why bring it up.
Are you putting it out there as a defense prior to the charge?
Are you saying I'm an old fart, or that I'm just using old fart rhetoric lol. I never lumped anyone, I'm just curious of what facts people in general are using to make a decision to get involved in a vaccine trial when they are healthy and are not struggling for money. As far as the meme, you seem awfully sensitive about a decision you've made, so much so you get offended when people offer alternative thoughts?

No, you won't change my mind in the short term, and I doubt the future will change my mind since it will be gone in less than a yr and not because of the "vacs"(average lifespan of a virus is around 2yrs), but at the same time I won't let the facts be undeclared. That being said I'm an individual who likes science and I'm also willing to be wrong, I'm not afraid to say how I feel/what I believe, even though now and then I'm wrong. I find it rather odd that critical thinking has gone out the window for the most part and so many decisions are being made on a whim and as though
We can't run in circles debating the efficacy, all you have to tell me is the #'s that the manufacture has given you. Do you know how they came upon those numbers, do you know how those numbers effect a person of your age/health/color. Let's be real, you took it and now you will feel the need to reject anything negative. You've also already expressed that much of the decision was based on feelings of concern for those you work around, which I understand fully. But the asymptomatic spreader is a rare occurrence in any virus, although it does happen. That being said 40% or so of all who have died from c19 have been in retirement facilities, 94% died with on average 2.6 co-morbidities, so if someone is that ill why would they be coming into an office to visit you, and if they choose to isn't that their choice. I know I wouldn't ask you to get a vaccine to extend my life, especially if I was nearing the end of mine. Quarantine the sick, not the healthy.

Friend or not, I call it how I see it( I thought that's what friends did:cheers:), left or right(not that I'm either) as that's one of the biggest problems in government is the divid between the two, there are people who are correct on both sides. It seems to me that we usually need to find that middle ground, problem with the vacs is there is no middle ground if you take it.
Remember when I said Reagan screwed up in 1986, when he signed the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act(only major issue I had with him), I've stood staunchly against trumps warp speed(biggest issue I have with him other than his pride, but not the only one). One thing that's been consistent from Reagan till today is Fauci :nofunny:. Do you know that there are more lobbyist in DC for the pharmaceutical industry than all the other lobbyist together, do you know how deep those ties go when it comes to Fauci.
So you know that the two guys who have done the most in what many have called the anti-vax community both are dems ;).

Not sure where the attack took place.
I was attacked once, I still have scars from it, but I don't trust the guy.
I read somewhere:
"Wounds from a friend can be trusted,
but an enemy multiplies kisses.":heart:.
Obviously I can't change your mind, but knowing what I know I refuse to sit idly by without speaking.
I asked because I want to know how to help others.
This is how I feel:
1The word of the Lord came to me: 2“Son of man, speak to your people and say to them: ‘When I bring the sword against a land, and the people of the land choose one of their men and make him their watchman, 3and he sees the sword coming against the land and blows the trumpet to warn the people, 4then if anyone hears the trumpet but does not heed the warning and the sword comes and takes their life, their blood will be on their own head. 5Since they heard the sound of the trumpet but did not heed the warning, their blood will be on their own head. If they had heeded the warning, they would have saved themselves. 6But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes someone’s life, that person’s life will be taken because of their sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for their blood.’

Don't you think it would be much easier if I just went along with it all...
But you are still doing it.

Trying to talk over me while putting down my sources is not going to change anything here Brett. You won't get the vaccine nor will you accept any fact put up by those in favor of it. That is fine but why are we still going around and around.

This conversation is over.

My wife got her first shot. She's a nurse. So far she can't taste colors and hasn't seen any unicorns. I'm pretty sure she got the one with the chip in it so we have all been wearing tinfoil hats so the government can't read our thoughts... however, I do get a lot of chainsaw related ads on my feed. ..

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Sooo....back on topic. I got Oak. The tree service guy text on sunday to say the job had been delayed as he had manflu (for which there is no vaccine). He was lucky and over it in a day, and did the job Tuesday. turned up about 5pm saying 'The tree wasn't as big as I remembered, all on one truck' fair enough, still free oak, about half a cord, maybe a bit more...2m3 in metric. Its been raining today but as soon as I get a chance I'll get a pic for @Cowboy254. My last 3 scrounges have given me an entire year's supply of oak.

Oh and my wife just booked her first jab for next week. As an asthmatic she gets offered before me although I'm older. If she turns purple and hairy I ain't getting it! ;)

But you are still doing it.

Trying to talk over me while putting down my sources is not going to change anything here Brett. You won't get the vaccine nor will you accept any fact put up by those in favor of it. That is fine but why are we still going around and around.

This conversation is over.
Doing what.
How did I talk over, you responded to my question, then I responded, and it continued, I've heard of that called conversation.
I'm fine accepting fact, which ones have you posted, other than it being made political, which I think is interesting since trump was the one who promoted it so it would seem anyone who wouldn't get it would be anti-trump.
Guess I was waiting to hear more facts.

Oh and my wife just booked her first jab for next week. As an asthmatic she gets offered before me although I'm older. If she turns purple and hairy I ain't getting it! ;)
My wife got her first shot. She's a nurse. So far she can't taste colors and hasn't seen any unicorns. I'm pretty sure she got the one with the chip in it so we have all been wearing tinfoil hats so the government can't read our thoughts... however, I do get a lot of chainsaw related ads on my feed. ..

Guys, so why is it that it always has to shift that far out there, not once did I spout some crazy theory as you're suggesting.
I find it interesting that I'm probably one of the first guys in this thread to have mtronic and autotune saws, meanwhile most were still stuck thinking standard carbs, but for rejecting totally new "technology" being used in my body somehow makes me a conspiracy theorist :oops:.

Since were so far off topic, treated my self to a new toy, will have a 34cc 2 stroke in it made by zenoah which husqvarna owns, so kinda wood related. ;) dont have it all the way together yet.....

Attachments

• 20210310_200900.jpg
    20210310_200900.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 27
  • 20210309_194325.jpg
    20210309_194325.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 27
  • 20210309_192327.jpg
    20210309_192327.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 29
I didn't get much wood split after the last pictures today, loaded up a nice overfilled bucket and started splitting, a few rounds in the ram wouldn't move. Without getting into it much it appears the pump is not spinning, but both sides of the lovejoy are, and the lower portion of the LJ is getting warm when I ran the engine for about 10 sec so I'm hoping the setscrew has just backed out.

Anyone in the Akron/Canton area that's watching the thread need some wood.
Looks like it could be a win win for someone.

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 7.18.00 PM.png

Guys, so why is it that it always has to shift that far out there, not once did I spout some crazy theory as you're suggesting.
I find it interesting that I'm probably one of the first guys in this thread to have mtronic and autotune saws, meanwhile most were still stuck thinking standard carbs, but for rejecting totally new "technology" being used in my body somehow makes me a conspiracy theorist :oops:.
Neither one of us suggested you did. In my case it was an attempt at humor to diffuse the situation, not to exacerbate it. I apologize. I suspect Neil intended the same although I won't purport to speak for him. Get the shot or don't, it's your business. Your opinion is just as valuable as anyone's. No disrespect intended.
Wish I had some scrounging to post about but we still have snow and I don't need wood bad enough to fight the weather. Guess I'm a fair weather scrounger!

Neither one of us suggested you did. In my case it was an attempt at humor to diffuse the situation, not to exacerbate it. I apologize. I suspect Neil intended the same although I won't purport to speak for him. Get the shot or don't, it's your business. Your opinion is just as valuable as anyone's. No disrespect intended.
Wish I had some scrounging to post about but we still have snow and I don't need wood bad enough to fight the weather. Guess I'm a fair weather scrounger!

Fair enough, I did.
Forgiven.
Similar to what Steve was saying about it being a left/right thing, it seems that many quickly put everyone/everything in a category and you can't believe one without believing all of them.

I may have some scrounging available tomorrow if this wind keeps up, they say 20mph from now till tomorrow evening with gusts higher. The rain is on the other side of the lake now, so it looks imminent now, but you know as do I that anything can change in a moments notice near the lakes. Still 63 degrees out here, haven't had but one fire today and that was black locust bark to start it and then 3 splits just to get it back up to 72. Next week they are saying a chance of snow, which is pretty normal.

Neither one of us suggested you did.

All just a simple misunderstanding, I'm sure.

Just like the time I got rebuffed by a girl at a nightclub. "What?", I said. "No, I didn't ask if you wanted to dance. I said you look fat in those pants!". Simple misunderstanding. It happens.

Sorry chipper, I didn't mean too offend and I apologise. Individual choice is fine and plenty of people have a good reason to be more wary of the vaccines. My wife was offered it about 3-4 weeks ago but we still breast feeding. Weighing up the risk of covid while we are still in lock down and the unknown risk to the little'un, she chose to weight until he was weened. My comment was ill thought out but meant to be light hearted.

Back