Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the new scrounging tool. Mrs FS wanted a new car. I was going for fuel one day and told her to ride along and we would stop at the dealer and look around. After riding in my old truck she thought I needed a new one.
Plain Jane F 250. Hopefully give me more trailer pulling power than the F150.
20210311_154943.jpg20210311_154956.jpg20210311_155012.jpg

The vaccine is proven effective at reducing serious illness and death. You can still catch the lurgy, but much less that do get seriously ill. It's not yet strongly evidenced but it appears to reduce transmission also, which makes sense as it reduces viral load. Lower transmission and less serious illness combine to rapidly mean we are no longer at risk of overloading the health service and we can lift our various social restrictions and return to normality.
You must have missed the newest report based on Israelis vacs records, we've now hit 97% effective :laughing: .
I remember when the 550 came out it was what 20-30% faster/better than the 346, how'd that work out.
Lets be real, it was created in less time than any other vac and somehow it's magically almost 100% when other flu vacs are typically 30-60 effective lol.
I don’t know guys. Maybe this vaccine thing was a mistake. Not feeling so good this afternoon.

Is my skin supposed to be this color?

View attachment 894228
Seems kind of insensitive to those who have had issues.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/utah-mom-dies-four-days-after-taking-covid-vaccine

Here's the new scrounging tool. Mrs FS wanted a new car. I was going for fuel one day and told her to ride along and we would stop at the dealer and look around. After riding in my old truck she thought I needed a new one.
Plain Jane F 250. Hopefully give me more trailer pulling power than the F150.
View attachment 894234View attachment 894235View attachment 894236
What's in it for a powerplant?? I've never been much of a Ford guy, but I'm starting to look at used trucks and all of the big three will be considered.

What's in it for a powerplant?? I've never been much of a Ford guy, but I'm starting to look at used trucks and all of the big three will be considered.
It has the 6.2 gas.. I know I won't be getting 20 mpg like the F150. Need the power for hauling big loads in the dump trailer. If your looking I'd look at Ford's or Chebys. Ive hauled 40-50 loads a year for the last 11 years in the 150.

Farmer Steve! We need firewood content, and fast!
Love all the engineering in this echo besides the carb adjustment. Regular flathead just pops/vibrates out. Anyone got a carb adjustment tool they’d recommend??

Pic of some rounds that I started to noodle.....View attachment 894249

That is about 375 ci, embarrassed to say I don't know anything about it! Guess they never put it in a Stang!

Good luck with your truck. How many speed does the tranny have? Lot of gears seem to make the new small engines look good!
6 speed Mike. 3.73 rear. The tranny is a automatic wirh a manual feature. You can put it in manual mode and shift through the gears with the push of a button.

Inexpensive Climbing Style Helmet

Saw this today at a trade show: under $30 (ignore show special price). ‘Jackson’ is an established manufacturer of PPE. Their website also shows ear muffs and face screens available if you dig a little (cost?).

Never tried it, and not saying it is as good as the well known brands. But for someone interested in this style of helmet that does not want to pay $100+, it might be something to check out.
E397A28E-E348-4E2B-8F4C-085A0442DF2D.jpeg
A9F9BDCC-1D64-4E74-8EF5-0AD421FF3A4E.jpeg

Philbert

Anyone have experience selling logs? I have a nice, straight 18+ foot black cheery that's 16" at the base, 15" at the "top". I figured roughly 139bf.

Never sold a log before. I want to mill it with my buddy and either his alaskan or bandsaw mill, but if it's worth a good amount, I could use the $$

Inexpensive Climbing Style Helmet

Saw this today at a trade show: under $30 (ignore show special price). ‘Jackson’ is an established manufacturer of PPE. Their website also shows ear muffs and face screens available if you dig a little (cost?).

Never tried it, and not saying it is as good as the well known brands. But for someone interested in this style of helmet that does not want to pay $100+, it might be something to check out.
View attachment 894260
View attachment 894261

Philbert
If the tensioner works well, just the guts are worth that. Having a helmet that adjusts quickly is a great selling point to me, much like side tensioners lol.

If the tensioner works well, just the guts are worth that. Having a helmet that adjusts quickly is a great selling point to me, much like side tensioners lol.
Many of the name brand 'forestry helmets' are just the $12 'hard hats' with ear muffs and face screens attached. So having an affordable 'climbing-style' helmet, with a ratchet suspension, sounds like it could be a good option for a lot of folks. I am not a climber, but like how the one I have does not get tangled, or knocked off, in thick brush.

Philbert

Been spooling my walleye/panfish/light trout reels with line and putting them on their designated summer rods the last two nights. I’ve got 24 combos here plus my youngest daughter still needs her own rod and my wife needs a spare rod.

Seems like a lot but several of them are set up and dedicated to one specific type of fishing and a number of them will be left at the cabin so it really boils down to about 2 rods per person. And on a day when Murphy shows up, you’ll need em all!!
F3179E38-74F0-4FB7-83AF-96C0FE175219.jpegDA3AF0A8-6AEC-4026-B9F2-BE1499D13360.jpeg

This thing is so slick for spooling reels. Don’t need a helper or hold the spool with your feet and it eliminates twists in the line.
67DFC908-1718-45C6-94FA-AB34A1745A68.jpeg

Found out today a new world record perch was caught in the lake that’s less than 100yds from our house. Might have to get into ice fishing, kinda sad it’s that close and I’ve never tried it. Might have to get an auger with a motor though, ice is over 2’ thick, or find someone else to turn the crank, lol.
Guy that caught it is from Wisconsin, he didn’t know the local fishing supply store had a standing $1000 reward for any records, he was pretty happy.

Back