Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must have missed the newest report based on Israelis vacs records, we've now hit 97% effective :laughing: .
I remember when the 550 came out it was what 20-30% faster/better than the 346, how'd that work out.
Lets be real, it was created in less time than any other vac and somehow it's magically almost 100% when other flu vacs are typically 30-60 effective lol.

Seems kind of insensitive to those who have had issues.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/utah-mom-dies-four-days-after-taking-covid-vaccine[/
With all this vaccine talk, I have...demic in the next adminstration on Nov. 2016!

Is it just me, or does it feel like ArboristSite needs a place for "Off Topic Discussion"?

And just to keep this post on topic:
View attachment 894316
We had a good off topic forum but once they closed the Politics and Religion forum, all of the goobers from PR moved there and wreck every thread (and apparently, with no repercussions). I don’t even go there anymore.

Another busy day. Basketball followed by lions pickup followed by getting my first dose of vaccine. Then spent a couple hours getting my old truck ready for my father in law. Traded him for an older 16’ boat and trailer. On paper he’s getting the better end of the deal but I’m getting something I want and also I don’t need to sell the truck and deal with tire kickers. I kept my new deep lug tires on aluminum wheels and gave him a set of functional tires on steel wheels. So as long as the truck makes the hour trek down to his place the deal is done.
View attachment 893578
In another year or so, that's gonna look like Wonder Woman's airplane! Is that rust on aluminum wheels?

Found out today a new world record perch was caught in the lake that’s less than 100yds from our house. Might have to get into ice fishing, kinda sad it’s that close and I’ve never tried it. Might have to get an auger with a motor though, ice is over 2’ thick, or find someone else to turn the crank, lol.
Guy that caught it is from Wisconsin, he didn’t know the local fishing supply store had a standing $1000 reward for any records, he was pretty happy.
Buy an electric auger. It will drill over 100 holes on a charge.

Put the console in my 72 today just needs to be wiredView attachment 894055

Its made of wood so kinda on topic
This is the only pic I've been able to find of my Dad's 72 C30. He bought it new, it had a 350 4 barrel, and would fry the duels on it in second gear. First was a granny. I was 18, me in the pic, and if it had an engine and tires, I had to try and turn them. In 78 he bought a new F600 dump, and put the C30 in the barn, thinking he was keeping it out of the weather. Only used it when we needed 3 trucks on a job, or to pull my 57 Lyman boat to go fishing and tow my race cars to the track. Unfortunately the barn was dirt floor and stayed damp enough that it started rusting in the back of the cab. One day I got in and when I closed the door, rust fell all over me. The caulking in the rain gutter was all gone and it started rusting around the wind shield. In 86, when Dad retired, he gave it to me. I was at Carlisle one year and a guy had a tractor trailer load of truck cabs out of Texas. he had a 72 Custom cab with $500 on it, but I was too late it already sold. Back then there was no source of repro body parts, and the dealers didn't have any. I sold it at auction and got $400 for it. Only had 40,000 miles on it. . The trailer on the back is the 42 foot trailer I just replaced as our hunting camp bunk house.
j2bMKBD.jpg

I just bought 12, 2X4's, to frame in windows on the new bunk house. Lowes had 2 grades, premium framing at almost $8, and regular framing at $6+. I dug through half a pallet of the regulars to get 12, most had bark on two sides. We got 4 windows in, and decided they were fine for the back of the the bunk house and bedroom, but didn't offer enough view for the front. My brother in law suggested we take the Jalousie Bay Window out of the old trailer for a memento of the old trailer. Returned two of the new windows and plan on pulling the bay window out Sat. Since we still sleep in the trailer while working on the new building, I'll just screw a sheet of ply wood over the big hole. A couple pics of the new and old.
PWAUvyZ.jpg

ZXbKE8B.jpg

Ak1Y6TH.jpg

I just bought 12, 2X4's, to frame in windows on the new bunk house. Lowes had 2 grades, premium framing at almost $8, and regular framing at $6+. I dug through half a pallet of the regulars to get 12, most had bark on two sides. We got 4 windows in, and decided they were fine for the back of the the bunk house and bedroom, but didn't offer enough view for the front. My brother in law suggested we take the Jalousie Bay Window out of the old trailer for a memento of the old trailer. Returned two of the new windows and plan on pulling the bay window out Sat. Since we still sleep in the trailer while working on the new building, I'll just screw a sheet of ply wood over the big hole. A couple pics of the new and old.
PWAUvyZ.jpg

ZXbKE8B.jpg

Ak1Y6TH.jpg
Nice building. What's it for?

“Bark on two sides”. Sounds about right!!
Treated 8’ 4x4’s are $39 up here right now.
I wanted to build an old man's treestand for deer hunting this year but PT wood is nuts. I haven't even looked at what 6x6x16 might cost. I do have a bunch of scrounged lumber here but I need those big ones for the legs.

I want to build a garage at the house that is big enough for full size vehicles but small enough to heat. Right now I have a 42x45 pole barn and a12 x 20 garage that is too low to fit anything but a car. But NFW I am doing that until prices normalize.

In a perfect world I could convert the small garage to a wood shop and use the 3rd stall on the new garage to work on mechanical stuff. Sawdust and engine repair don't play well together.

Back