Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not trying to be political, but...

My Daughter brought up a bag of Famous Amos Chocolate Chip cookies, the new ones with the Belgian Chocolate Chips. IMO, they are even better than the originals, which I really like.

For those not familiar, Famous Amos (Wally Amos) is a real person of African Decent who started the company, and his picture was ALWAYS on the packaging. NO MORE, his picture is gone!

I really don't understand what is happening in our Country! I get the feeling we are throwing the baby out with the bath water in an effort to be politically correct!

Well, all good things must come to an end. Went into my local Stihl dealer and asked for 2, 20" 3/8 chain, he handed them to me, and said $60. 5-6 years of buy one get one free is over.
My guy is Stihl at buy 2 get 1 free. Or at least he was. I usually buy saw stuff in December when he has his 10% off everything sale and save even more. How far was it to the GTG the other year for you?

@svk everyone should have at least one AR ;)

They're great hunting rifles, lots of caliber options.
Long story but I have a .30 remington from my great grandfather....I always thought it would be cool to have a 6.8SPC because those cases were originated from a .30 remington.

Maybe someday.

Semi Rant:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I think some of the "shortages" are by design.

There is no way possible that many chamberings of ammo (and many reloading components) have been out of stock since Obama....Very few people I know shoot more than I do and very few people that I know hoard ammo.

Selling half the product (at double the price.. or triple...quadruple) is much more profitable for these companies.

Same goes for a lot of other consumables.
Oh, hell, I've been watching the "what's this year's ammo shortage" for... twenty years, at least? My late husband and I used to joke about it - "Let's guess what will be short this year" - we just kept plenty of everything on hand, but damn - it was kind of funny to watch it cycle through. You just had to have a memory more than a year or so long, which apparently a lot of folks don't.

Oh, hell, I've been watching the "what's this year's ammo shortage" for... twenty years, at least? My late husband and I used to joke about it - "Let's guess what will be short this year" - we just kept plenty of everything on hand, but damn - it was kind of funny to watch it cycle through. You just had to have a memory more than a year or so long, which apparently a lot of folks don't.
Not sure what you are talking about, I have never seen nor heard of any ammo shortage until Obama era that started with .22 LR then reloading components then everything else was in short supply. Short supply...not no supply like we are now seeing.

But never have you not been able to buy ammo locally for ANY chambering until recently....the gas station here literally has one box of shotgun shells which is 00 buck 12 gauge for $50

I'm not trying to be political, but...

My Daughter brought up a bag of Famous Amos Chocolate Chip cookies, the new ones with the Belgian Chocolate Chips. IMO, they are even better than the originals, which I really like.

For those not familiar, Famous Amos (Wally Amos) is a real person of African Decent who started the company, and his picture was ALWAYS on the packaging. NO MORE, his picture is gone!

I really don't understand what is happening in our Country! I get the feeling we are throwing the baby out with the bath water in an effort to be politically correct!
It is beyond insane.

They took the native gal off land of lakes dairy products (which was a symbol of purity) and they did away with aunt jemima. These people were icons.

they did away with aunt jemima.

Aunt Jemima ran her own company and was very successful, she certainly wouldn’t be offended by her image on the bottle. it reminds me of an old saying “Rebel without a clue”. Also reminds me of the memorial to an African American Army unit that was defaced by BLM.

Loading up to go noodle some 30" rounds tomorrow. WTH?? My bag of 5 20" chains is nowhere to be seen. I may be making a trip to Lewiston to have 3 28" chains cut down. 100 mile round trip though so may be cheaper to just buy a couple new ones in Pullman - only a 30 mile roundtrip. I'll be sorting throught the bags of 25, 28, 32 tonight to see if some 20"s got misplaced.

No find in the bags. I did find one 28" misfiled in the 25" bag. I'll have to bite the bullet, tie that rope to my rear and enter the shop and hope the rope will lead me back out. I am going to have to stoop so low as to clean off my workbench and two adjoining tables in the search.

Back