Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You LAUGHING at me?? You Laughing at ME??? Isn't that's what the Gift button is all about?

Seriously, I don't get it. I've never seen a member give another $ especially not being in a PM. I suggested to a Moderator (notice I capitalized it as with God) that a "Thank You" button would be appropriate as I've seen on other forums. Especially since I ask a lot of questions.
me neither! i wanted both p/r thread access... and got it. (new top brass)

i suggested moving What is For Dinner from Off-Topic to Cooking thread... (new top brass)

no reply!!!
:wtf:

"We" didn't name him gunny, that's the username he chose. And I'm quite certain there were no requirements to provide military credentials to get it. LOL. So that's why he was called gunny. Quite a character. Did I mention that he was not a Marine?
i am clear on that now!!!

'ooh-rah!'

OK, was doing laundry, so took some dryer lint; stuffed it into an inch-and-a-half section of a cardboard, TP roll; set it on the BBQ; and touched a match to it.
It was 101°F here today, so did not want to play too much with it.

Philbert
same down here, too. but never too hot for a nice camp fire.... :)
P1010014.JPG

I take plastic grocery bags that everyone has too many of, and fill it with sawdust, (or dryer lint) then pour used oil (everything from oil from the frypan to motor oil to old hydraulic oil) into the bag and tie the top.

I can make them up and have them ready when I want to start the stove. I put one in the stove cover it with small wood, then big wood and light the bag and have a nice fire very fast.

It's a good way to get rid of the bags, oil and/or sawdust/chips, and I don't have to buy anything spl. to do it....

SR
👍

hi SR - i like that idea... got plenty of bags... lol i mite go paper, pine needles, light kindling... insert into mr Brutus... go level 2 camp wood... and

we got fire!
P1010012.JPG

Sounds like a good solution . Can’t do that here ,plastic grocery bags are banned statewide it’s a good thing . I see less and less bags floating around and tangled up in trees
nope! they are all in the ocean! :(

read cannot pump ur own gasoline in OR and NJ, other than very remote locations... :surprised3:

Well boy's! Im skiffing over to camp tomorrow early in the am to go to work for a spell. We'll see how the show goes. Hope they at least have internet, so I can keep in touch with you guys and post some pics for y'all as often as I can! 👍
hi KK - just got back from one of my work camps... affectionately referred to as: My Ranch! lol ;)

:) we :heart: :picture:

I'm lucky to have a 35~40 foot large volume chimney to aid in starting fires. 3 to 4 crumpled newspaper pages and 1 light always gets me going. I make a tunnel with large splits on the bottom and smaller pieces crossed (with cracks) to make the top of the tunnel, alternating this crossing to the top of the stove. One thing that makes a huge difference is to crack open an outside door while starting. After the paper is lit I close the doors but leave one cracked open an inch or 3. Soon it will sound like an oil burner inside and will close the door if not cracked open enough.

View attachment 997483
"no wood, no fire!"

How many Wal-Mart bags do you guys want? They're free at our store, and I think my wife has saved every one of them over the last 27 years.
free here, too...

(on a side note... just now, the AS site would not reload.... :laugh: :rolleyes:

thot it mite have skiffed out on me... again!)

I have one here hanging on the wall that was bought a couple of years ago. Price sticker says $33.99. Of course I bought 2 and got the third free. My dealer is the only one around that does that.
Mine was buy 1 get 1 free for at least 5 years. Now he's buy 2 get 1. His prices were cheaper than the Southern States Stihl dealer. Now the Ace, in the same shopping center, as the SS's, is a Stihl dealer. I wonder if there will be any price wars?

Latest posts

Back