Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suggest if you ever get a chance to run one do it ,like having a Cummins diesel strapped to ur arms . Lol
You are the only person I know that has one. Might be a little far for me to go to heft it. Sweet saw tho. I luv the older stuff that people keep going.

Nicely done but,...
Slap a 28" on it! 🤦🤣 Just say'n!😉
Ha! That was back when the bar was brand new, that saw doesn't wear that 32" lwb anymore...now has a conventional 32" and rattles around in my tool box. It almost never gets used anymore, basically in case I come across a tree in the road. That 32" lives on the 566i now, that saw runs good with a 32" and absolutely shreds with anything smaller.

My other 044(hybrid) sits in the self w/o a bar. I'll usually throw my 24" lightweight on it if I just want to run some gas through it. I play around with different ideas on modded aftermarket top ends on it from time to time, so it's usually just bucking firewood or cookie cutting in it's retirement.

Too get you riled up, the 28" lives on the 400. :laugh: 400 don't care, she's been warmed over a bit and identifies as a saw 10cc bigger. The 462R I use at work runs a 28" lwb as well.

IMG_20221110_111830200.jpg.6e5f455eaf8515450536656a44cd3cc4.jpg

Yea the hype is real , put a WCS export in it and it woke it up even more . 👍
Virtually all of the modern saws come with plugged up mufflers. The first thing I do on a new saw is gut the muffler and do a dual port/add-a-port/open up the existing outlet. I haven't found one yet that doesn't really respond positively.

Ha! That was back when the bar was brand new, that saw doesn't wear that 32" lwb anymore...now has a conventional 32" and rattles around in my tool box. It almost never gets used anymore, basically in case I come across a tree in the road. That 32" lives on the 566i now, that saw runs good with a 32" and absolutely shreds with anything smaller.

My other 044(hybrid) sits in the self w/o a bar. I'll usually throw my 24" lightweight on it if I just want to run some gas through it. I play around with different ideas on modded aftermarket top ends on it from time to time, so it's usually just bucking firewood or cookie cutting in it's retirement.

Too get you riled up, the 28" lives on the 400. :laugh: 400 don't care, she's been warmed over a bit and identifies as a saw 10cc bigger. The 462R I use at work runs a 28" lwb as well.

IMG_20221110_111830200.jpg.6e5f455eaf8515450536656a44cd3cc4.jpg
Nice hinge. 👍 Good on ya.

I just might know someone who owns one or two of those big Macs! In fact, I think he has a whole collection of saws over 100cc!

One of his bored-out Macs was the only saw to beat a TM 066 running a 36" bar at the GTG. That TM saw beat all the big ported Huskys.

I believe the TM 066 dynoed higher than any of the other ported 066s. I think he runs a Husky piston in them to facilitate wider ports.

Attachments

• IMG_20171001_134203041_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171001_134203041_HDR.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20171001_134207515.jpg
    IMG_20171001_134207515.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20171001_134215501_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171001_134215501_HDR.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Nice hinge. 👍 Good on ya.
I bet your 566 dose quite well with a 32." Not a tree under 7' that power saw can't handle!👍 Not even on the steep. If you throw in some spring boards!

My only b***ch is. Every time I read one of your posts and see "566." Fir a brief moment. It makes me think you're talking about a Husky 65cc class! 🤣🤣🤣

I just might know someone who owns one or two of those big Macs! In fact, I think he has a whole collection of saws over 100cc!

One of his bored-out Macs was the only saw to beat a TM 066 running a 36" bar at the GTG. That TM saw beat all the big ported Huskys.

I believe the TM 066 dynoed higher than any of the other ported 066s. I think he runs a Husky piston in them to facilitate wider ports.
What's a TM 066? Are you talking about "Tree Monkey" Hop ups?

The Kessler farm up the street from me when I was a kid was a pig farm up until the mid-50s... Now there is a mansion on it with an indoor basketball court and other over-the-top amenities. When the first owner of the mansion had guests over they often had trouble finding the place as it sat way off the road. As such I was asked about the location several times... I took delight in playing dumb at first and then responding, "Oh... you mean the old pig farm..." The looks I got back were priceless.

Of course, I had a few Stihls even back then (2017).

For 18 years my 10 mm 044 was my only saw. It has been modded by not ported, but still runs very strong.

Then, I started with these web sites and fixing saws and sometimes getting paid with parts saws (give me 8 dead saws, I'll give you back 5 all fixed and running, sell two to cover the cost of parts, and I'll keep the old 066 for myself!). Everyone was happy!

I had 20 runners for a while, sold some and took some apart that are still apart. Currently down to 15 runners, which is more than I need, so the project saws have just been sitting!

One of my Asian 660s (that I finished the port work on ... but someone else did the machine work) dynoed at 8.6 Hp. The only OEM part in that saw is the piston pin bearing.

Attachments

• IMG_20170504_163612567.jpg
    IMG_20170504_163612567.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 0
I bet your 566 dose quite well with a 32." Not a tree under 7' that power saw can't handle!👍 Not even on the steep. If you throw in some spring boards!

My only b***ch is. Every time I read one of your posts and see "566." Fir a brief moment. It makes me think you're talking about a Husky 65cc class! 🤣🤣🤣
If I were to ever cut a 7' tree, my preference would be to face it up with the 566i or the 066 and then complete the back cut with the 880. At least that's what my friends who cut redwoods out on the coast sometimes do with big 2nd growth reds. 500 or 661 for the face, 880/881/3120 in the back cut, and send it over with jacks. I'd love to be able to go cut with those guys for a few months, I'd learn a lot I'm sure.

Partly my intent with "566" moniker is to confuse people and peek the interest of the orange crowd. Make 'em think that a new model of Husky is out that they haven't heard of yet. :laugh:

Have you been there?

Virtually all of the modern saws come with plugged up mufflers. The first thing I do on a new saw is gut the muffler and do a dual port/add-a-port/open up the existing outlet. I haven't found one yet that doesn't really respond positively.
Yea Husqvarna did it right this time and finally stainless wahoo . Lol 😆

Back