Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never thought of horse shoes! You're a genius kk!
Im surprised myself with that one!😯 Maybe even impressed myself a little! Just a little! 😉
Seriously though. Im sure tip 56.3 has been thought of and used long before my time!🤣🤣 I mean, 🤷 I can't really take credit....

Ok I'll take credit!

The Red Cedar shim splints from a piece of kindling under the 3M tactical tape is the key Brett!😉 The "special tac tape" just holds the splints in place! 👍🤣🤣
Having some tape around on the tools is always a good thing 👌.
I need to tape my extended Allen wrench onto my 10.5, it's for the adjustable gas. While it doesn't need adjusting for 55 or 62gr, I just feel it's a good thing to have it around if I needed to change out the BCG from the lightweight Faxon, or put a can on it.

Had a busy day. Did some running around with my daughter this morning. Father in law came over to help my wife with some drywall. (Side note, I'm a wood panel type of guy. Hate drywall passionately.) So I figured it was high time to build a new, not crappy, winch mount for the utility trailer. Dug through the scrap pile and came up with some usable material. Just got started welding the new uprights in, and it was time to make lunch. Whipped up some cheese steaks.
Tried to get back to the trailer and my buddy called to see if I could work on his truck. Ended up running down there.
Good news,.it's the same guy I've been fighting with his bonnevilles security system. He finally decided to take it to a shop amd get them to mess with it. One less mess for me ro deal with.

I need to tape my extended Allen wrench onto my 10.5, it's for the adjustable gas. While it doesn't need adjusting for 55 or 62gr, I just feel it's a good thing to have it around if I needed to change out the BCG from the lightweight Faxon, or put a can on it.
Kk's next saying.. it's not gassesd unless it's over gassed. 🤣

Get a John deere track loader it will out lift most tractor loaders, hands down. More lifting power than Kubota track loaders. This I have proven, numerous times.
th-BS-Meter.jpg

SR

The SOCOM has storage compartments in the pistol grip and fore grip. I keep a little torques wrench in the pistol grip in case I need to remove the RDS and use the factory ghost ring. The grips also store spare batteries for the tac light, laser, and RDS as well as a small piece of shamie, and water proof matches. Im ready for the apocalypse I'll tell ya! 🤣🤣😉

The SOCOM has storage compartments in the pistol grip and fore grip. I keep a little torques wrench in the pistol grip in case I need to remove the RDS and use the factory ghost ring. The grips also store spare batteries for the tac light, laser, and RDS as well as a small piece of shamie, and water proof matches. Im ready for the apocalypse I'll tell ya! 🤣🤣😉
You can fit a nip of fireball neatly in a pistol grip. You know, to warm you up a bit.

We also use an inverted RR tie as a warming plate for the coffee pot.
I must say, this was totally my own idea! I just saw these plates along the RR track and figured it would work upside down on the stove. I did not steal the idea from a cowboy, rodeo rider, or a cranky guy from the midwest! But, it works well.

Does not get hot enough for cooking due to the air gap, but that is why we call it the warming plate. It does not boil away the water in the coffee pot, but keeps it nice and warm till morning, and we put stuff on it that has already been cooked to keep it from getting cold.

Latest posts

Back