Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Kodiak Kid . Just saw there is another auction in about a month or so where you got your skid steer. Usually some grapples there.
How do I follow it? I didn't find the Sid Steer myself. An equipment trader did most all my searching. He doesn't deal in implements though.

Man you don't miss anything! Your attention to detail is second to none! Were you in the military?
I did an 18 yr stint under chief petty officer black, I never wanted anything more to do with the military.
If you didn't figure it out from that, my last name is black ;).
I think it may be a gift, although sometimes it feels like a curse. Noone wants me to rude in their vehicle because I'll hear or feel something wrong, but everyone wants me to go with them to look at a vehicle, unless they think I'll say don't buy it and they really want it lol.
Many of the military guys I've know just marched, they didn't have much for critical thinking skills. I teach my kids and anyone else who will listen to look, and listen to what is going on around you(situational awareness, like the military should teach), Solomon said "I looked and I saw", he was not only looking, but paying attention to what he was looking at, hence the "saw". Either that or he found a tree while looking :laugh:. Probably a cedar of Lebanon!
https://arboriculture.wordpress.com/2016/05/18/the-cedars-of-lebanon-and-the-temple-of-solomon/

Gris Dutch Ovens are harder to come across than their skillets! I've wanted one for some time! I gotta a couple more modern Lodge made Dutch's. Just not quite as good as the older lighter weight cast. However, Lodge is the only North American cast company STIHL in business!👍
Found this one in my barn . No lid but SVK hooked me up with one .Haven’t gotten round to seasoning it yet 75B37BF8-2E09-47CD-88C9-FCDE4AD38B72.jpegCB864924-4ECE-4D43-A339-57633B04CCAD.jpeg

I did an 18 yr stint under chief petty officer black, I never wanted anything more to do with the military.
If you didn't figure it out from that, my last name is black ;).
I think it may be a gift, although sometimes it feels like a curse. Noone wants me to rude in their vehicle because I'll hear or feel something wrong, but everyone wants me to go with them to look at a vehicle, unless they think I'll say don't buy it and they really want it lol.
Many of the military guys I've know just marched, they didn't have much for critical thinking skills. I teach my kids and anyone else who will listen to look, and listen to what is going on around you(situational awareness, like the military should teach), Solomon said "I looked and I saw", he was not only looking, but paying attention to what he was looking at, hence the "saw". Either that or he found a tree while looking :laugh:. Probably a cedar of Lebanon!
https://arboriculture.wordpress.com/2016/05/18/the-cedars-of-lebanon-and-the-temple-of-solomon/
CPO. Nice, what rate?

Wife keeps it nice . Absolutely no body rot but I need to fix a few surface rust areas . But I did have the dreaded rear pumpkin rot .View attachment 1052918
Seeing that hammer reminds me I need to buy another small sledge. I have no idea where the one I like for driving wedges went. It was nice on the wedges and it packed a solid strike with little effort.
I would never spend 80k on new Toyota truck or any truck for that matter.
I know the feeling. I've only paid 17k, and that was for my 99 f350 diesel back in 04. Glad I was able to get 15k out of it after spending about a grand on repairs over the two yrs and 25,000 miles I put on it. I didn't think that was too much to pay for a nice ride, but I hated that I bought it on a loan.
I'm just glad I can still buy some "old" Japanese rides that need a bit of work for a reasonable price for my daily drivers.

Latest posts

Back