Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I'm afraid the mice would just nest in it. This should be more durable.
Interesting, I would like to insulate a floor between the joists in a room, it had fiberglass and it was a nasty stinky mess when I cleaned out the crawlspace underneath, all the fiberglass was chewed up and full of pee and poop, I was worried the mice and chipmunks would just tunnel through it. The room is a bedroom addition.

A yr 😳.
Glad you got your leak fixed, that can be real irritating.
My bad, my saw is about 10 yrs old. and I smelled gas the last 3-4 times while I was using it in a few weeks. I didn't notice the gas leaking out of the busted cap. New cap and I cut a truck butt dragging load today w a friend....
20230128_170636.jpg20230128_170653.jpg

I put down some 4x4s in the driveway and stacked the green wood I've had in a pile for weeks today. It was a ***** by myself.
20230128_150937.jpg
20230128_151002.jpg
I assume the seasoned wood pile under the plastic will more than enough for this winter.
20230128_151044.jpg
20230128_151022.jpg
I did this before I took the S10 to get the wood w my friend.

Sillhunter, I’ve owned trucks from every brand but dodge

I had a s10 with a 2.2 and 5spd

I dragged many a load to my sisters house with it when she was a single gal (in between hubbys)

Put a whooping to that little truck and it always asked for more

Had a Toyota, Nissan, S10, F150 and now a Colorado

By coincidence only, they’ve all been Red

Built another log wagon today. This makes 4 like this now. I have 5 or 6 more running gears sitting around yet. I want to make one into a dumping trailer when I have time. The 2nd picture is our yard at my day job. I keep a few work projects there so that on cold days I can do something at the 2 shops we have there. My own shop is usually full of sleds, motorcycles or other projects my son is working on and worse yet my wife always has a list of things I "have" to do so sometimes I just sneak off to work for some rest. I bought that elevator last summer and haven't taken the time to do anything with it yet. That's our work Kubota that comes in real handy when I making stuff that is 3 pth. I made a spare set of forklift forks so I can use it instead of the forklifts at work. Been thinking of buying a gas power pack to run conveyors, dump hoists and maybe some future projects.

Attachments

• 20230128_154242.jpg
    20230128_154242.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230128_103537.jpg
    20230128_103537.jpg
    964.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230128_172947.jpg
    20230128_172947.jpg
    882 KB · Views: 1
  • 20221230_161108.jpg
    20221230_161108.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

I dragged many a load to my sisters house with it when she was a single gal (in between hubbys)

By coincidence only, they’ve all been Red
My 98 LS has the 4.3 vortec and 215k on the engine. The trans. was rebuild years ago but soon later it started to shudder, bad new TC. It runs out fine but going up hills going 35/45 it shudders so I just hit the gas and it's gone. It's been spanked for years and it still runs liked a scalded dog.

Saint Paul, MN has a winter carnival with ice carving every year. Almost every carver uses corded or battery electric chainsaws (my kind of people)!

0A27F994-A3AE-4E0C-A84D-B9CC9B464935.jpeg

Since I have spent so much time defending those types of saws on sites like this, I asked a few of them ‘why’ today.

21134659-1017-4F95-A909-BB1BA2251CF7.jpeg

Lighter and quieter than gas was a common response. Less vibration and easier to control. Easy On/Off for intermittent use. Etc.

3D771BB9-4344-42EA-9B3C-B5F6651AE709.jpeg

Chain speed was not an issue. One guy said he ground his depth gauges way down. None of them use bar oil when cutting ice.

675E53DA-A4A5-44D3-AE3A-2F608148325B.jpegF5BDD86C-D9E1-4D7A-84CC-40BE1E11E2FE.jpeg

Brand performance was not judged to be a big factor: STIHL, Jonsered, and Makita were seen today.

Philbert

By coincidence only, they’ve all been red
My Toyota from '85 till now...20201112_231545.jpg20201112_231647.jpg20201112_221602.jpg
An today.

Which is ANOTHER reason a skid sucks, especially around my sawmill. Heavy logs and the skid I had just didn't mix.

SR
Get a John deere track loader it will out lift most tractor loaders, hands down. More lifting power than Kubota track loaders. This I have proven, numerous times.

I took they day off today and finally got some range time in! Its been several months and it shows! 🤣 Especially in my pistol marksmen ship. 🤣🤣 I usually don't go more than a couple weeks without going to the range!

I was ringing the bigger gong at 300 consistency with the Springfield M1A Scout and the Palmetto SA PA-10. The smaller gong was about three or for hits per miss at the same distance with the same two firearms. 👋 Not bad fir semi rapid firing considering it's been a while . The M1A SOCOM 16 CQB with the RDS is leathal at 100 and closer off hand! Further than that Im sure, but I didn't send them any further today with the carbine. The Kimber 1911 in 10mm is far more accurate than I am! 🤣🤣 The video is the Springfield SOCOM and Kimber in action at about 30 yards to target.
IMG_20230128_153422861_HDR.jpg
Any range time is a good time!👍

Built another log wagon today. This makes 4 like this now. I have 5 or 6 more running gears sitting around yet. I want to make one into a dumping trailer when I have time. The 2nd picture is our yard at my day job. I keep a few work projects there so that on cold days I can do something at the 2 shops we have there. My own shop is usually full of sleds, motorcycles or other projects my son is working on and worse yet my wife always has a list of things I "have" to do so sometimes I just sneak off to work for some rest. I bought that elevator last summer and haven't taken the time to do anything with it yet. That's our work Kubota that comes in real handy when I making stuff that is 3 pth. I made a spare set of forklift forks so I can use it instead of the forklifts at work. Been thinking of buying a gas power pack to run conveyors, dump hoists and maybe some future projects.
I wish I had one. I've mentioned before, I had a chance at one that was scrapped, but it was busted up when dumped on the pile. Dang!

I took they day off today and finally got some range time in! Its been several months and it shows! 🤣 Especially in my pistol marksmen ship. 🤣🤣 I usually don't go more than a couple weeks without going to the range!

I was ringing the bigger gong at 300 consistency with the Springfield M1A Scout and the Palmetto SA PA-10. The smaller gong was about three or for hits per miss at the same distance with the same two firearms. 👋 Not bad fir semi rapid firing considering it's been a while . The M1A SOCOM 16 CQB with the RDS is leathal at 100 and closer off hand! Further than that Im sure, but I didn't send them any further today with the carbine. The Kimber 1911 in 10mm is far more accurate than I am! 🤣🤣 The video is the Springfield SOCOM and Kimber in action at about 30 yards to target.
View attachment 1052790
Any range time is a good time!👍

Did a lot of that today myself, it's been a while for me too. Unfortunately nothing past 35yrds, but the steel was a good bit smaller lol. Let loose with my edc on about 300 rnds, she didn't flinch once, can't say that about me though 😆.

Where you get that tactical tape 😜.

What year was it? The resistor mod doesn't work on the pk3 system. Tried it a few different times. The error code that comes up just suggests the system doesn't see a key. Think the next step is I have to suck it up and get a gm wiring diagram for it. The pk3 was an up option from the pass lock system.
Good news is we just drug it out of the shop since there other stuff that needs attended to. Give me a bit more time to figure some things out.
I was working on a 99

Did a lot of that today myself, it's been a while for me too. Unfortunately nothing past 35yrds, but the steel was a good bit smaller lol. Let loose with my edc on about 300 rnds, she didn't flinch once, can't say that about me though 😆.

Where you get that tactical tape 😜.
The Red Cedar shim splints from a piece of kindling under the 3M tactical tape is the key Brett!😉 The "special tac tape" just holds the splints in place! 👍🤣🤣

Well gents, at the la casa del KK. We cook exclusively on cast Iron with the exception of stainless pots for boiling. Just about 98% of the morning "break fast" is cooked on the wood stove. Today it was bacon, farm fresh eggs and flap jacks. ☝️ With reall maple syrup of course.
For those of you that also cook on a wood or coal stove. KK's woodstove cooking tip # 56.3. "Old horse shoes make fir excellent trivits!"👍
View attachment 1051997View attachment 1051998

The other 2% of the time? Well, its usually jet boil cooked instant oatmeal eat'n on a cot out in the shop because I was previously kicked out of the house the night before! 🤦
Never thought of horse shoes! You're a genius kk!

Latest posts

Back