Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm about 3 months out from getting my new right knee installed. As of this week, when I walk on level ground an onlooker would not see anything unusual in my gait. However, when I bring my evening wheelbarrow load of wood to the house from the woodshed it's like a test in logistics--small steps on the ice here, avoid the mud there, hold back on the downhill (yeah, but with which leg?).

Very pleased to be upright and breathing. That's my main test.

Have followed along here some. From what I see, if I venture out and might encounter a bear . . . I should leave the .22 at home.

I counted at least 11 saws in the Mustang on this trip to do some work.

Four sideways in the trunk and others laterally with the back seat folded down.
Ok, now that is just plain impressive! Anyone who throws saws in a fancy new car should never have to buy beers.

but…they didn’t fit in the trunk 🤣

I use heavy conveyor belt scrap. Coal Power Plants have it, Quarries too but they run their belts to the quick.

I don’t know if there’d be a source locally. I priced new rubber specifically for snowplows at $400 plus.

Come on Cowboy, only 98 pages back, I think you're losing ground!
Hurry we need to keep posting :laugh:

This is the second load I had to drop an ash tree to get to the maple. It was very dead 4865BCEF-E78A-4175-B7E4-E81080E7CF87.jpeg3AEFBD6C-6B36-4295-B8BA-B737464ABBFD.jpeg65E2B7E2-7C12-472E-8C37-83964B1CB4CC.jpeg☠️

Ok never seen this before my last post I mention maple and a maple leaf was inserted. Now I said dead and the skull and crossbones is inserted .
Is just on my phone or you guys seeing it ?

Back