Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn’t know some were steel on the bottom, wouldn’t that tear up the asphalt? Here’s what I’ve been seeing.
View attachment 1055686

I won’t have a quick attach plate, I plan on building an adapter with plow quick attach on one side and loader arm holes on the other side.
I use rubber edge only on my concrete driveway so not to chip out the seams. AR 500 or similar for a street plow. My son plows commercial, he switched to a carbide edge and loves it . $$$$ though

I have never hunted grizzleys, but i have killed my share of black bears. Been up close and personal to a few a time or two. Two or three times I didnt even have a gun. I understand the big gun theory, I know one that was shot 5 time with a 44mag in the white spot on its chest that almost got my hunting buddy, bear caught a dog and gave my buddy time to load one more bullet in the ruger carbine which he stuck to its head and pulled the trigger. I posted some pics a couple years ago where another buddy shot a 760lb Bbear with a 458 and the bear still got him and almost tore his leg off. I know of a time a bear was shot in the shoulder and the bullet didnt even break the bone. I know a guy that put 10 rounds from a 9mm carbine and never slowed the bear down, it was finished off with a 44mag. My first bear I killed with a 30-30, everyone since I used my 44 ruger, one with my model 29 smith. A lot of guys I hunt with have all went to the 45-70. I have considered getting one myself. I figure I dont bust the brush anymore and any shot I might get is of a bear up a tree, head shots aint that hard from that distance. One thing I am pretty sure of is if a bear is mud fat, it hard to get good penetration, I suspect the same for a grizz. Shoulder shots and body shots , even with a big caliber, might not make it to the vitals. I found 180grain wad cutters penetrate deeper than the 240 grain 44s. I think if I was to go on a grizz hunt, I would go for one the 250grain bottleneck cartridges before I would go for one of the 3-500 grain straight wall cannons.

If you drop a 427 in that bad chicken? You'll be mow'n up and around and around and down! Till ya run outta room at the edge of town!
more: Fun Up On The Farm!~when the hay is cut, cows milked... and all the eggs in... drag... it on out!

hmm? 🤔 why din't i think of that?? :dumb:

turn up the sound, cinch up the seat belt... and hang on! not for the faint-:heart:D! is this the ultimate lawn roadster???

:surprised3: no thanks... you drive... i am not certified Safe For Solo!!! :laugh:
:muscle:

Guy down the road has a pile of wood sitting with a FREE PINE sign on it. I drove right by. :laugh:
Snob.... lol.

I have never hunted grizzleys, but i have killed my share of black bears. Been up close and personal to a few a time or two. Two or three times I didnt even have a gun. I understand the big gun theory, I know one that was shot 5 time with a 44mag in the white spot on its chest that almost got my hunting buddy, bear caught a dog and gave my buddy time to load one more bullet in the ruger carbine which he stuck to its head and pulled the trigger. I posted some pics a couple years ago where another buddy shot a 760lb Bbear with a 458 and the bear still got him and almost tore his leg off. I know of a time a bear was shot in the shoulder and the bullet didnt even break the bone. I know a guy that put 10 rounds from a 9mm carbine and never slowed the bear down, it was finished off with a 44mag. My first bear I killed with a 30-30, everyone since I used my 44 ruger, one with my model 29 smith. A lot of guys I hunt with have all went to the 45-70. I have considered getting one myself. I figure I dont bust the brush anymore and any shot I might get is of a bear up a tree, head shots aint that hard from that distance. One thing I am pretty sure of is if a bear is mud fat, it hard to get good penetration, I suspect the same for a grizz. Shoulder shots and body shots , even with a big caliber, might not make it to the vitals. I found 180grain wad cutters penetrate deeper than the 240 grain 44s. I think if I was to go on a grizz hunt, I would go for one the 250grain bottleneck cartridges before I would go for one of the 3-500 grain straight wall cannons.
There's this guy I think his name is Dean, he does a lot of bear attack articles. From time to time his articles are included in an shooting/ outdoors site I have a subscription to. Seems bullet construction is just as important as caliber from what he writes. Hard cast lead, and flat nosed bullets hold up and penetrate deeper then the typical expanding or fragmenting bullets most would select. Seems to make sense, between the fat, muscle and heavy bone you would want something stout that wouldn't loose weight or fly apart if it hit bone and wouldn't dump all its energy into a large section of fat.

more: Fun Up On The Farm!~when the hay is cut, cows milked... and all the eggs in... drag... it on out!

hmm? 🤔 why din't i think of that?? :dumb:

turn up the sound, cinch up the seat belt... and hang on! not for the faint-:heart:D! is this the ultimate lawn roadster???

:surprised3: no thanks... you drive... i am not certified Safe For Solo!!! :laugh:
:muscle:

Son ur gonna drive me to drinkin if u don't stop drivin that Hod Rod Lawn Mower.

I counted at least 11 saws in the Mustang on this trip to do some work.

Four sideways in the trunk and others laterally with the back seat folded down.

Attachments

• IMG_20180524_203603786.jpg
    IMG_20180524_203603786.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20180524_203620014.jpg
    IMG_20180524_203620014.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20180524_203721653.jpg
    IMG_20180524_203721653.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
Back