Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, pics of that many saws in your mustang or it never happened 🤣🤣
I'll vouch for 10 (or more) saws in that mustang. We were at a GTG and we saw this Mustang coming up the 4 WD lane.:surprised3: The guy parks, opens the trunk and pulls out a saw. And another and another and another................. :laughing: This was the first time I met Mike. He graduated to a pick em up truck when he came to the GTG at my place. Had to throw in a rare pic of me running a Hoosky. :laughing:
20191026_152653.jpg20191026_144346.jpg

I'll vouch for 10 (or more) saws in that mustang. We were at a GTG and we saw this car coming up the 4 WD lane.:surprised3: The guy parks, opens the trunk and pulls out a saw. And another and another and another................. :laughing: This was the first time I met Mike. He graduated to a pick em up truck when he came to the GTG at my place. Had to throw in a rare pic of me running a Hoosky. :laughing:
View attachment 1056175View attachment 1056176
Can't believe you went back to stihl after running husqy😆

Signed a husqy guy that runs a stihl.....

Good you got those buggers down, they were certainly on their way out whether you liked it of not. Better to choose where they go while you still have the option.
That's a fun mess to clean up after the ash explosions.
I should have dropped them a few years ago. I told my wife to watch these trees as they hit the ground. That was when I decided to video the two big ones as I pulled them down with my logging winch. I did get at least 1/3 of the mess cleaned up late yesterday. I'm heading out now to finish the cleanup before it gets hot today and starts to thaw my lawn out. My Valby chipper will be earning its keep today.

Another day just above freezing. Thank goodness for all the poplar I have in my mix. I was cursing it when I was splitting and stacking. I took it as a favor for a friend. I have been helping him clear some of his land. Makes for great firewood when it's not real cold. I can have a fire in the morning and one at night and keep the house warm without running us out.

plenty good deals in pre-owned... fgt and shipping aside! also ties to the skill of the operator. a well trained, exp'd machinist would want a Bridgeport, but a cut above DIY home mechanic... typically, would love either or... a JET or Enco drill mill! wood or metal... nothing cuts like a carbide end mill!

slip in the collet, then add the R8 end mill... and make the chips fly... in steel, alum, plastic or even wood! removal passes .0005" per pass, no problem... once set up!

View attachment 1055519View attachment 1055520
It is way more about the Machinist than the machine

It happens as we all know. Here is how I repair or prevent over strike handle damage.

Before.
View attachment 1055523View attachment 1055522

Mix epoxy A snd B compounds 50/50.
View attachment 1055527

Kneed until it is olive drab in color. Wet your hands first and keep them wet until done.

View attachment 1055524
Spread evenly over damaged area and overlap the remaining good section of the handle. View attachment 1055525

View attachment 1055526Let stand at least 24 hours.

Tactical Tape works wonders! 👍😉 View attachment 1055530

This one was repaired with old inner tube and heat shrink.
View attachment 1055535View attachment 1055536

The sledge came with a rubber gaurd.
View attachment 1055538

Cut safe, stay sharp, and be aware! 👍
A little old radiator hose under tape makes a nice preventer also

OK guys, I can vouch for Brett since I've met him in person several times - he really is 5'7/8" tall. I shouldn't make light of his height since I'm only 5'8/9". :surprised3:

I see we got a couple comedians in the crowd, maybe you two should stick to your day jobs :p.
I bet you're the guys who brag about being xx and a half old 🤣.
Your the two guys at the bar that gang up on the small guy aren't you 😂.
Get outta here :buttkick:.

I'm 5' 11".....talk about frustrating....so close....and yet so far. 😩

I see you finally got a fiskers isocore maul. Wonder if they would have replaced it under warranty for the handle missing a chunk.

I'm trying to think of what would be rubber at the bottom of the plow. Only rubber we had was a flat at the top to help deflect snow coming over the top edge. The cut edge was steel.
The mount on the 624h wad pretty generic. Cut off the lower mounts and welded it to a quick hitch plate. There was some reinforcements to it going to the top of the plate. It really stuck out the front of the loader.
I use heavy conveyor belt scrap. Coal Power Plants have it, Quarries too but they run their belts to the quick.

Another day just above freezing. Thank goodness for all the poplar I have in my mix. I was cursing it when I was splitting and stacking. I took it as a favor for a friend. I have been helping him clear some of his land. Makes for great firewood when it's not real cold. I can have a fire in the morning and one at night and keep the house warm without running us out.
It Pays not to be a wood snob. Evening burn last night was white pine. Have Plenty of low btu wood for mild temps.

Back