Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't show my wife those pictures too often. It's just leverage and hydraulics. That's why I'm lifting so far up the tree. Just don't try and drive like that or you will break something. Like I did on my old 1520. I did end up getting it on the ground but it took a bit of playing around. Bunch of cedars and 2 more ash trees all tangled together in that mess. And there is a creek under it too so I can't get to the other side. Glad I didn't waste money on rotator, the chain works really good, for pulling out anyway. Have to see how it does on loading the trailer yet.
View attachment 496315
Stay safe man, looks hairy.

Scrounged 4 logs from a state pile.

Trimmed a couple trees. Can anyone ID this? Semi stringy like Elm, but it's yellow.
IMG_20160403_201743458_zpsbs4cws3u.jpg
IMG_20160403_184742.jpglooks just like the mulberry I'm working right now that dark center is a bright yellow when fresh cut.

Felling levers are faster than wedges in smaller diameter trees and can be used with wedges in some instances .
Be good for rescuing a pinched bar. Something I seem to do often, haha. I keep a 3 ft pry bar in the truck. Your lever looks like it has a better shape on the end for getting in the cut.

Saw sounds strong. Is that the one you dropped the tree on last year.
No this is a new saw to me, it's a 298xp. The one that got smooshed was a 285CD. I put the 285 back together last weekend but forgot the spacer between the carb and cylinder needed to be on when the cylinder is installed so I had to take it back off. I moved onto rebuilding the front axle of my truck now so the saw is on hold again.

Be good for rescuing a pinched bar. Something I seem to do often, haha. I keep a 3 ft pry bar in the truck. Your lever looks like it has a better shape on the end for getting in the cut.

They are made to fit in the saw kerf and they have a corrugated tip so it doesn't slip out when prying .
Princess Auto has a Chinese medium one if they're close by , if you have an ope dealer close by , Stihl , Husky and Oregon have them .
Fiskars has a neat one but I've not seen it here .

Maybe Zogger can pull sone strings and get it brought over ?

Latest posts

Back