Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a shame to see a nice ol' Rocky mountain tree get shipped to that s-hole they call DC.
Yes that's true, kind of a waste of a nice tree, unbelievable the amount of money that was wasted on the project. One less tree to worry about hitting when we go skiing though...

We are finally underway. It's not really even cold but I needed to have a fire before I get this hunting season underway.

b5feb17c7a175cfb4436295d273850ec.jpg

Gorgeous day here. Didn't scrounge but after I I swapped winter tires on the car and truck, I cleaned out the corner of the garage. You know the one with the leftover flooring, that half sheet of plywood, osb, deck board, etc...
So I lugged it all down to the fire pit and took along the craftsman with the muffler mod and boy does that thing rip through plywood! Lol.
Anyways, I accomplished something and got to run a saw. Good day.

Too nice out again and no time to go to the bush until dark. I'm working in Peterborough and Near Fort Erie this week but still hoping to have a few hours to sit here and see what tries to walk past. This is a couple hundred feet from the pond I dug awhile ago. I bought this wagon years ago and have never used it myself, finally thought of a good use for it.
IMG_20161106_164513.jpg IMG_20161106_164531.jpg IMG_20161106_164617.jpg

Two more loads of pine today - I know it's not the best score, but it will burn just fine in the shoulder season. Or in the fire pit next year. Rounds from a 20" DBH tree fill up the back of the truck pretty quick. Unfortunately it's all cut to "tree service length" which means no two pieces are the same.IMG_20161106_173706.jpg

Drop me a PM, I have two in my cooler. Just not sure how to get them to you?

Will do. I need to do some research on what has to happen to the skins post skinning. Really I am just after the skin\feathers. Eat the meat you earned it. I will pay shipping and what not. Heck its gotta work out better than what they cost buying in a store or online which is about $35 a skin. I thought it would be great to shoot one myself but I dont hunt them much and even when I did as a kid I never came close to sealing the deal. I did fling a lot of lead just not on target. :rolleyes:

I re-split and moved 2 loads of last year's scrounge to the back of the house Saturday:
2016-11-05 12.30.58.jpg 2016-11-05 15.21.11.jpg
Took a ride around the property with my cousin Sunday afternoon to identify some more scrounge. We'll be out there next weekend with my 2188 and PS5100, and his 372, and see how much ash we can get down and skidded in a day.

Will do. I need to do some research on what has to happen to the skins post skinning. Really I am just after the skin\feathers. Eat the meat you earned it. I will pay shipping and what not. Heck its gotta work out better than what they cost buying in a store or online which is about $35 a skin. I thought it would be great to shoot one myself but I dont hunt them much and even when I did as a kid I never came close to sealing the deal. I did fling a lot of lead just not on target. :rolleyes:
My thought would be to freeze the whole thing (less meat) and mail them to you via Priority in December when it's cold so they will still be frozen or cool by the time they show up. I'm probably going to remove the meat tonight and can freeze them. Sound ok?

Back