Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did bring home a load on dry porcupine killed no split spruce for burning this week .
All my wood is in the backyard but it's real soft and I don't want to turn it into a muckfield unless I have to .

ihcYoPNldLgUCfmr3HPZAS98vkm_VRWHcbjF72ZJ89JEDfHcouBIFypwuyX9zrMAuGl564ASLfnxe7Eo6FqJ9JdpwkYKdk4iLG9bLwyIvV1gQbHQseaGhH5SmXcJjCbUbPZTXFUVY1G6qI1-5DgCPBkoWWhFWmSeKi9OJ-3g9nAvcFv-RzPY4gynt5F7b7uKavRmqz6FUNAxyftLvtvn-blan5oQVO14TyPeJwiKq4zsFYGnffu5gE6HBTPjZ1n92hJPumajxb2AfBhlYtEedH9G7aI7GnaQkhCAVtYVWM0aG4OMwACcwxtLhTmd5xyH1mqIrYy33LT6DO-ZeUcFOB2VBrd1SDLMSIvWl5rOUBHUi4uilLllYRzOY4XmcYxP-AuYSGq5RwTHegbRmBzhQI9ROnhXpqKKwWGyYWjF5O1FjEK6y8wbWddQQoLBqqsunn-e3fIvk8Nt6Lg7VoaTnnI-e8vZZHIWHhWJ5N_oz5_69lNs55WVqWAQ20ircg4Yha-zV_OFtaelxrSFcYJL-IbGv1EpTl4FW_xl5wBO_FecVfk-wDGY2N1909WkfJBbcq9O=w1284-h963-no

View attachment 491755 Alright fellers...I figured I'd post this up here...been here a little over a year...and take a look at what you assholes did, lol. The CAD is what it is...I started this **** with two saws...you buncha sorry ass men folk. If I don't quit the site now, it'll replicate...thanks a lot you ******* chainsaw runners. Every damn one of ya I'm gonna blame....Get ready for chainsaw lawsuits. You batsards for doing this to me....View attachment 491754
Dibz on the oh two four?? :D

View attachment 491755 Alright fellers...I figured I'd post this up here...been here a little over a year...and take a look at what you assholes did, lol. The CAD is what it is...I started this **** with two saws...you buncha sorry ass men folk. If I don't quit the site now, it'll replicate...thanks a lot you ******* chainsaw runners. Every damn one of ya I'm gonna blame....Get ready for chainsaw lawsuits. You batsards for doing this to me....View attachment 491754
I like that you are an equal opportunity sawyer!

I'd be ashamed to post pics of my saws after seeing all those shelf queens. :innocent: :cheers:
You better quit it...I busted my arse to clean these animals for their storage this upcoming summer. Highs been in the 80's here the last few days. I'm trading my chainsaws for a tank top and flip flops...lol.

It's been a helluva ride guys this past year. I've bought several saws from several members and haven't had a single hiccup in the buying process.

I do know one thing...if any of you folks drift through Mid-Ga down I-75, I'll put a free roof over ya head, and feed ya some good groceries...I guarantee it. Ya'll a bunch of good fellas and I appreciate the friendships and knowledge I've got here. Nuthin' shy of total respect here for you folks. And I hope it continues for years guys. I'd love to put any of you folks on some of the finest bass, bream, and crappie fishin' you've ever seen. The water temps are getting right...about two more weeks and I may not chime back in for a month or so. We gonna get'em fellas...there ain't another therapy on the planet, like snatchin' fish lips. I hope all my brothers out there have a great afternoon/evening.

You better quit it...I busted my arse to clean these animals for their storage this upcoming summer. Highs been in the 80's here the last few days. I'm trading my chainsaws for a tank top and flip flops...lol.
They do look awesome. We're getting close here. Was a little cool yesterday and today with the showers, but we have daffodils in flower in the yard. Won't be long now for shorts and flip flops.

That's quite the sparkly clean fleet there USMC! Mine don't look quite that clean, not even the new one!
I've been fooling with them, cleaning them up, for about two weeks, in the evening time after work. Of course I don't cut near the amount of wood you folks do...it's the damn CAD fellas. What I got is what I got...ain't no geeked up saws, nothing like that. I sure like'em. They all run great.

Ya I tell ya it's hard to believe what is wasted by logging....I mean there are some big limb/logs that were pretty damn straight that you think could be used for something....I do like getting/cutting wood but I also hate to see old trees cut down so it is bitter sweet....

Yip. You are right. That's why what we do is so important. We minimize waste and get heat for it. Keep it up fellas

It's been a helluva ride guys this past year. I've bought several saws from several members and haven't had a single hiccup in the buying process.

I do know one thing...if any of you folks drift through Mid-Ga down I-75, I'll put a free roof over ya head, and feed ya some good groceries...I guarantee it. Ya'll a bunch of good fellas and I appreciate the friendships and knowledge I've got here. Nuthin' shy of total respect here for you folks. And I hope it continues for years guys. I'd love to put any of you folks on some of the finest bass, bream, and crappie fishin' you've ever seen. The water temps are getting right...about two more weeks and I may not chime back in for a month or so. We gonna get'em fellas...there ain't another therapy on the planet, like snatchin' fish lips. I hope all my brothers out there have a great afternoon/evening.
Fish fry at USMC'S. Maybe wrangle a fishing trip out of it too. :clap:

I got a purty 024 that needs a p&c. Got it after tax season started so have not even looked at it yet, but I know it is fried.

Interesting little saw, a bit of a sleeper. I think mostly because it is overshadowed by the almost legendary 026. My brother's only saw is a o24 and it is seldom used. He called a couple weeks ago and told me he is removing a triple stem maple (silver I think) that is showing failure and one part will fall on his garage. He had already dropped the easiest stem and bucked it to firewood size. Free wood so I go there with my trailer. That sucker is 27" DBH. He said it was a little slow cutting the 10' long, large diameter section. Ya think! At first I was a little embarrassed to tell him I would have dropped and chunked it with a 460. Wet and HEAVY stuff and a twist in the grain. Fun noodling though.

Back