Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still alive. Been busy movin' snow. 27" storm last week, 10" yesterday, 6" tomorrow, and 24" more on the way Sunday. Been like this since November. Good thing I put up 8 cord this year, and scrounged 4 cord from my elderly neighbor's 100 acres. She had tree's down everywhere and it bothered her to see it happening. Hadn't been touched in 20 years, since her husband died. I touched it, and didn't even make a dent in it. I'm gettin' too old for this!! lolView attachment 557397 View attachment 557399
Hey Clint. good to see ya. :bowdown: looks like you have been busy.:chop: pics of the snow are nice. just keep it up there. thank you very much. sounds like a great scrounge at the neighbors. stay warm buddy.

I'm afraid my scrounging is done for a little while. Went to the doctor Thursday afternoon and tested positive for both strep and flu. On my way home, I was hit by a "tourist" who was speeding on snow covered roads in a bigger Audi car. He was losing it in a turn when I saw him, and I couldn't get over far enough. My door was tore off, though it feels like it was wrapped around my ribs as they are banging. I didn't fall out of the car, and I feel blessed to have my left arm, leg, life, etc. Ambulance driver said I made out lucky getting hit by a car like that. I'm in need of a vehicle now, but I'm planning to rest up all weekend and hopefully start dealing with it more on Monday. Never made it to the sport show.

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0811.JPG
Wow, that's a crap day. Glad you're in one piece.

I don't get it. Can't you drive as fast in snow as you can on the dry if you have AWD? :dumb:

Did you give the other guy a critique on his driving skills?

I was having trouble standing, so not much came out. Yeah I think they figured AWD luxury can do anything. Police aren't even writing a report.

Yeah the more I look at my car, the more I realize it just wasn't my time. Definitely worse than any punch in the face, body slam, etc I've ever had. Thanks for the well wishes!
If you'd have been out scrounging like you should have been, they'd have hit a bumper of a truck loaded with 2000lbs of oak! Lol. Glad you're safe and hope for a speedy recovery.

IMG_0712.JPG You know it's bad when you can look at a stack of wood and remember when and where it came from. This is the last of my first real scrounge. Guy had his bush logged and said I could cut all I wanted from the tops on a one for me-one for you basis. I went to look to see if there was enough wood to warrant me buying a chainsaw and yep. Local small engine guy said I needed a dolmar ps6400 with an eighteen inch bar. For $750! Heck, that was more than I'd spend on firewood for a year so this greenhorn went and got him a brand new poulan from tractor supply with a 20" blade! That's bigger right? Well me and my sons and brother in law cut for 4 days and that poulan with vanguard chain accounted for better than 20 facecord. Thank god for arboristsite or I'd still be hacking away like a noob. Lol. Ahh the memories. Well in a week or so, that wood will be gone but my boys and I will always have the memories of those couple days in the woods.

This tree hasn't been doing well for a while. It was a nice day so after I got back from checking the hunting cabin I dropped it with the 6-10. Ran a tank through the 6-10 and 350 and also did a few cuts with the 241.

I also fired up the Echo and got it tuned right. From the factory it was so lean that it wouldn't even rev up. I just don't understand that!

IMG_7166.JPG IMG_7176.PNG IMG_7173.PNG IMG_7175.JPG

Is there a few pieces of oak in this bucket load ?

056c2d868ca4fd77f0f9a7ab8b8b8a48.jpg

I can tell you where it came from a couple of years ago lol

Mighty Mouse Logging LLC

This tree hasn't been doing well for a while. It was a nice day so after I got back from checking the hunting cabin I dropped it with the 6-10. Ran a tank through the 6-10 and 350 and also did a few cuts with the 241.

I also fired up the Echo and got it tuned right. From the factory it was so lean that it wouldn't even rev up. I just don't understand that!

View attachment 557579 View attachment 557580 View attachment 557581 View attachment 557582
Those rounds look kinda small:lol::lol::chop:

Back