Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not necessarily, but I may be interested in some of the skeet offerings :).
Feel free to shoot me a pm if you'd like. Not sure if anyone else here would mind if you mentioned what models you're looking to let go of here, but I don't. We can get a bit off topic, in here at times, but at least what your talking about has scrounging wood involved lol.
Thanks brother.

It’s all wood involved, and it’s to raise money to get tools to scrounge more wood! LOL

it was hard to hit the like button Mark, that’s one of my fears when cutting “yard trees”. At the old house I found a few bullets in trees, luckily when splitting not cutting
I’ve cut a number of bullets, the chain goes right through lead and/or copper jackets.

I live in the communist state of Virginia. Any gun that holds over 10 rounds is an assault rifle. Any gun with threads on the end of the barrel is considered an assault rifle.
I live in the extreme southwest portion of the state where we still hunt and raise a lot of our food. If and when they try to remove these guns it will be bad for everyone.
I read this morning the Governor of WV is offering to annex any VA towns, cities, counties wishing to succeed from the state.

I read this morning the Governor of WV is offering to annex any VA towns, cities, counties wishing to succeed from the state.

VA is out of control. Lobby Day should have sent a message, but it fell on def ears. The illegal things the Gov did prior to that event (like ban guns on capitol grounds, which is against VA’s own laws on the books - not just unconstitutional), should make everyone scared. They’re pretty much saying they’ll do whatever they want...

I hope that silo is reinforced, ever seen guys knock one down with a hammer? I imagine a 300win Mag hits like a hammer....

Can't talk to the specifics on strength but I ran into about 20 times with the skid steer or the bucket when I helped him demo an old hog barn. That's after I saw him try to blow it up. I don't know if it was methane or why it became explosive but the people he bought the place from had about 5 years of trash in there and when he went to burn it it exploded to high hell.

He's good at this type of stuff. Turned an old 60 stall milking barn into a beautiful man cave.

I think it would be cool to shoot clays out of.

I love winter. But being up here in thigh to chest deep snow, seeing your green grass is sure inviting.

I'm sure I will be wishing for your summer weather when we are in 100+ degree heat index, 90+% humidity, and mosquitos bugging the heck out of us when summer gets here, ha!

Holy F*** Word Batman!!!

I love this book - bought it 12 years ago. But this makes it look like I could trade it for a 70cc saw or a USG grinder! Especially, when a paperback version is due out in August for $34! I could live with paperback!
Screen shot 2020-01-29 at 11.41.32 AM.png

But, of course, when I check it again, there are many listed for $154, used in Good Condition. Not sure why the Amazon search engine is giving me such different results, and a near heart attack. Anyway, a great book for the enthusiast, and a reminder that there may be treasure sitting on your shelves.
Screen shot 2020-01-29 at 11.53.30 AM.png

Philbert

Holy F*** Word Batman!!!

I love this book - bought it 12 years ago. But this makes it look like I could trade it for a 70cc saw or a USG grinder! Especially, when a paperback version is due out in August for $34! I could live with paperback!
View attachment 793078

But, of course, when I check it again, there are many listed for $154, used in Good Condition. Not sure why the Amazon search engine is giving me such different results, and a near heart attack. Anyway, a great book for the enthusiast, and a reminder that there may be treasure sitting on your shelves.
View attachment 793081

Philbert
Some people make a business of out of putting up semi rare books for a highly inflated price online. Fools will often pay that much for them too.

On e bay, when a vendor is out of an item, they just inflate the price so no one will order it, then reduce the price when the item is back in supply.

I hear it is easier than "re-listing" the item.
That happens too. I am curious if someone ended up paying $1500 for the last 99 cent fuel filter if they would give them a refund....LOL

Latest posts

Back