Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the local golf courses recently sold off their fleet of carts, including the utlity/maintenance carts. My grandfather (right) had the connections to get my dad (left) set up with one for the homestead. I feel like I'll be the one using it most of the time, but I'm not complaining. Beats the hell out of a crummy ATV dump trailer. Has a 400cc Kawasaki engine and a pretty beefy hydraulic dump box. Leaf springs and knobby tires should be perfect for hauling firewood out of the bush, and it's got a hitch, so I can still tow my trailer behind it. Score!

039D11E2-D98D-4BF5-898A-C57DF7303870.JPG

I can do a whole thread on my trip on the bike but this sums it up the road goes on forever I have been to Europe, Australia , Asia . But my friends till you see the wonders of this continent it's just places. We really have the most diverse eco system in the world rain forests to deserts20170830_175545.jpg

Nate, I love the repurposed horse trailer. There’s a dual axle “home made” trailer on our local Craigslist for $500. Looks like it was once a horse trailer (my sister had a horse and the wheels look just like pops old trailer). I’ve often daydreamed about grabbing it and converting/making a dump trailer outta it.
Thanks, glad it’s not any longer, hard to find places to turnaround with a trailer where I go, and will hold just over a cord. Best part is it was free, boss loaned it to us for our kids 4-H pigs and when I went to take it back he said just keep it.
That sounds like it would be a good trailer. Dump trailer would be very nice!

Amur cork tree?
ebd406b8c6a57b856baf65c15d9b285b.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Good morning everyone,,, wet out this morning,,, still some rain to come,,,
Jeff might have found it John. Found this pic. Doesn't grow everywhere in PA.
Phellodendron_amurense%2C_cut_wood.jpg

Thanks Steve,,, finding some leaves or those berry clumps may help, if I go back there... I'm going to dry out a small split of it, and see how it burns...
Thanks again for replying..
Just found this,,, kinda sounds like a winner! an invasive tree near teh road and there were at least two of them cut down,,,
https://trees.umn.edu/news/amur-cork-tree-phellodendron-amurense

Any of you bicycle riders do things like RAGBRAI? Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa. This year it ends in Clinton, Iowa, just a hop, skip and a jump as the crow flies from where I grew up.

https://kiwaradio.com/local-news/ragbrai-2020-route-announced/

It starts in Le Mars, Ice cream capital of the world.

Back