Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna end up being an expensive day.

My right lower ball joint actually sheared while I was driving today and in turn blew out the cv joint and bent the steering arm. It’s 58 miles from home right now so I’ll figure that out tomorrow.
Well,,this truly sux!!! Hope you are OK?

Rarefish, Sounds like a GREAT deal!!
Yes, it's a good deal. When he first started selling his properties I told him not to let the tractor go with any of them. He said since his renter gave it to him, I could have it. His English isn't the best and he may have meant I could have it for what the renter owed him. Not sure. Then he let another fishing club member get a load of wood and he tried to get first dibs, too late.. The other guy has never helped him once. he tends to get stuff like painters or electricians in front of 7-11. Some did some electrical work for him that wouldn't pass code and the real estate agent caught it. So, I had my BIL fix it and sign off on it. The only bad part is my friend knows nothing about tractors, so he just pulls levers and turns knobs. One time the 3 point quit working, turned out he twisted the flow control knob and turned off the flow. The last time I used it I let the clutch out and it didn't move. I tried hi and low levers, check neutrals, nothing. So with it running, in 1st gear, low range, I let the clutch out. Sitting there trying to figure out if he did something, it jerked off and started going. Now, when you let the clutch out it takes 10-15 seconds before it starts to move. He said it's been doing that for a while now. Works fine once going. My cousin said it may be low on fluid, I'll check that. I'm going to see if I can take it to my tractor guy to see what's up. He said the Nortracs are good tractors till you need to fix them, we will see. I can't give him more than $1000 if I have to put money into it.

Sounds as though the parts should be under warranty. Not sure on labor but I know that they covered labor for me one other time when I had that shop put in a new power steering pump that was leaky.

The good thing is that shop runs two mechanics 6 days a week and buys all of their parts through one parts store so they usually have your back.

Went to the cabin this weekend. 30" of snow with the last snowstorm. Drop two wheels of the truck in the road trench. Needed neighbour with tractor to get me out. Finally I made a bit of firewood, 16" diameter tree. Don't know exactly which species it is though.
Pretty cold weekend.

IMG_3916.JPG
60287104988__2DDE4B84-1903-4DD4-A12D-4DC216BC4FD6.JPG
IMG_3921.JPG
IMG_3943.JPG
IMG_3944.JPG
IMG_3930.JPG

Went to the cabin this weekend. 30" of snow with the last snowstorm. Drop two wheels of the truck in the road trench. Needed neighbour with tractor to get me out. Finally I made a bit of firewood, 16" diameter tree. Don't know exactly which species it is though.
Pretty cold weekend.

View attachment 796885
View attachment 796884
View attachment 796886
View attachment 796887
View attachment 796888
View attachment 796889
Jeez that’s one hell of a drop off! Those plowed shoulders can be deceptive!

Jeez that’s one hell of a drop off! Those plowed shoulders can be deceptive!

Really. This is also a snowmobile trail so graders keep the road real wide. 3 trucks got in the same situation in the last week on the same road. As soon as my wheels touched the snow shoulder I dropped 2 feets.

My dang snow blower is sitting at the top of the drive way and the snow is too scared to fall in front of it. Got 8 cord of wood ready for my regular customers. One usually gets 2+ cords, got 1/2 and went to Florida. Another gets 2 cords, hasn't run out of last years yet. I'm broke and mowing season will be here. At least I'll have a head start on next year.

Lost our local logger yesterday to a truck accident. He lost it on the Mass Pike and drove over a bank. Good guy and always working hard. My guess is he was delivering some hickory up t NY . Kiln dried and he was paid well for it. Praying for the family for sure.

Lost our local logger yesterday to a truck accident. He lost it on the Mass Pike and drove over a bank. Good guy and always working hard. My guess is he was delivering some hickory up t NY . Kiln dried and he was paid well for it. Praying for the family for sure.

Can't like that .
Sorry to hear .

Very sorry to hear this

Ugh. Prayers out.

Anyone know how to restore life back into UV-damaged chainsaw top covers? Picked up a used MS 660 and MS 360 Pro today off of Kijiji. Good deal at $780 CAD for the pair. They've clearly been left in the sun for a while though, the covers are badly faded.

Good 660s seem to be hard to find, and I think the compression on this one is good (ripped the starter cord out of my hand when I forgot to use the decomp valve), so I'd like to do a nice restoration on it.

Anyone know how to restore life back into UV-damaged chainsaw top covers? Picked up a used MS 660 and MS 360 Pro today off of Kijiji. Good deal at $780 CAD for the pair. They've clearly been left in the sun for a while though, the covers are badly faded.

Good 660s seem to be hard to find, and I think the compression on this one is good (ripped the starter cord out of my hand when I forgot to use the decomp valve), so I'd like to do a nice restoration on it.
I've used that wip new and other products on my cars that outside all the time seems to hold for a while but it will fade back. This is for rough textured plastic

I have sanded down the plastic on headlights and clear coated it . Used UV resistant clear for plastic lasted a long time

Back