Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting on a response but I may have gotten lucky on one of them big Oaks. Need a true measurement but looks like its big enough that 2 people can hardly touch hands around it IF they even could.

This will be a LOT of Oak.......maybe i will get to burn in in 2023[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Hope they make it right for you and get ya back on the road soon.

Nice! Looks good. Don’t see the 550, waiting for the bar?

Went out for some fresh air and wood scouting, found several nice recently deceased red fir below the road, this one is close enough to get this spring without too much trouble I think View attachment 796839Went on up to summit to look at snow marker, 7 1/2 ftView attachment 796841Nice dayView attachment 796840

You stop it you!

Posting pictures of that truck gets me all wound up[emoji23]

Matt, he wants to re sell them … may as well buy the brand that has higher value!

He already said he doesn’t buy Husky. We all know Husky will hold valve better[emoji1787]

I know, i know, reading comprehension is kind hard for you Stihl guys.

[emoji16]
[emoji6]
[emoji41]

Had to drive to the big (maybe medium) smoke today, came back and took this snap of a red gum that @Plowboy83 might like.

11th Feb 2.jpg

Quite old and has probably dropped more branches over that time (as red gums do) than it has left.

11th Feb 1.jpg

Imaginative name. 9.2m (30 feet) circumference makes for a diameter of 2.3m or 9.52 feet or 114 inches.

Better bring the big saw. :chainsaw:

Had to drive to the big (maybe medium) smoke today, came back and took this snap of a red gum that @Plowboy83 might like.

View attachment 797168

Quite old and has probably dropped more branches over that time (as red gums do) than it has left.

View attachment 797170

Imaginative name. 9.2m (30 feet) circumference makes for a diameter of 2.3m or 9.52 feet or 114 inches.

Better bring the big saw. :chainsaw:

Very cool to think about that. Man the tree has seen some things.

Thanks for sharing.

Ha, can't see the vid on my phone but if it's the black marlin that dude in Panama hooked a week ago, yeah seen it. That's the second one he has caught about that size but the first died and couldn't be released. Takes some real skill to handle that in those conditions.

Mate sent me photos of tuna caught this past weekend. Dropped two marlin hook-ups too. Just today I made a deal with him for firewood. Price per cube is two boat trips in his new to him boat from USA he has nearly finished restoring. I've already worked out where my kayak can be strapped to it for what is known as mothershipping. What I've yet to work out is the best way to have the boat tow me to troll for marlin from my yak. There's a will so there'll be a way.

Very cool to think about that. Man the tree has seen some things.

Thanks for sharing.

quite often think about that when cutting swamp kauri. Most of the trees are at least 200yrs old but have fallen into and been preserved by swamps for 10k-40k years. They'd have seen dinosaurs, etc.

quite often think about that when cutting swamp kauri. Most of the trees are at least 200yrs old but have fallen into and been preserved by swamps for 10k-40k years. They'd have seen dinosaurs, etc.

WOW!!!

That is crazy!

Next time you find one of those would you mind sharing some pictures?

Short of alignment, the front end of my truck was done last night. He will do the alignment and check out a few other things this morning unrelated to that issue and be back on the road. Sure am happy at how well they are taking care of me. Granted I do a decent amount of business with that shop and parts store but it still feels good.

Dinosaurs? Hard to believe wood could last 67 million years. :D just busting balls.

Latest posts

Back