Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drink a cup of cement and harden up, snowflake.
The thousands of families of the already deceased will be comforted immensely knowing you made through every epidemic thus far.
:cool:
I haven't made it yet. It just got to my area last week. I'm sorry for the folks who have lost loved ones. I just can't buy into the mass panic.

I just can't buy into the mass panic.
It's a sad indictment on the critical thinking of many in society these days that toilet paper hording (for example) is so high on the priority list. But accepting that and adapting to deal with people who will lose the plot if the media tell them to is just part of dealing with any disruptive event. USA is nowhere near peak panic yet. Next coupla weeks will be, ummmm, interesting.

"They" say that if you keep the blood alcohol elevated it'll give the corona a hard time to infect you .

I endorse that what "They" say and will self medicate from here on in :)
I did get a referral call last night , got some trees to cut this weekend weather permitting and only a mile down the road .

Muad , you get that 241 new ?
If not or you're not worried about warranty , remove the spark arrester and take a die grinder to the exhaust hole .
Open it up to as large as you can while fittingunder the deflector .
I got a brand new one from another member. Not sure if it has a warranty or not.

I’m super impressed with it. I foresee the 241 getting used a lot more than the other saws.

I’m scared to cut on it. Does the Mtronic automatically adjust for mods, or does it have to be “tuned” like an ECU ina car??

Well, there's 7 cases reported in NC now, all in the general area I live. Some of my work this week got canceled (I'm a musician, and venues are closing down) and I suspect more to come. Schools might close any day now. So all that to say, a good day to go out cutting! I figure safest place to be is in the woods. Where do I get my Social Distancing badge??? It is hard to tell how seriously to take all of this, but I'm trying to find a balance of realism and caution amidst the histeria.

It was almost too hot out in the sun today...if it doesn't cool off again, some of this may have to wait till next winter...I'm a total whimp in the heat, which pretty much every summer has me questioning why I live here o_O

started some splitting and stacking today
NpsW9kyLRFGXD9mWGEQFgQ.jpg
Didn't feel like getting into the bigger rounds, so started in a bit on the second tree, also took down a cherry that was all smashed up from the big tree fall.
PW71s6kYTJSPLKdXf65vtA.jpg
then land owner asked if I could take some of this well-seasoned elm to make room for some other stuff in his shed. Don't mind if I do, sir. Went ahead and put it right up on the rack on the porch, figure these small pieces will be good for spring chills.
i+QdQCRdRiKgEvE389wwFg.jpg

I got a brand new one from another member. Not sure if it has a warranty or not.

I’m super impressed with it. I foresee the 241 getting used a lot more than the other saws.

I’m scared to cut on it. Does the Mtronic automatically adjust for mods, or does it have to be “tuned” like an ECU ina car??
Mtronic does all the work.
Unless your seller is a dealer, I doubt you have warranty.

Well, there's 7 cases reported in NC now, all in the general area I live. Some of my work this week got canceled (I'm a musician, and venues are closing down) and I suspect more to come. Schools might close any day now. So all that to say, a good day to go out cutting! I figure safest place to be is in the woods. Where do I get my Social Distancing badge??? It is hard to tell how seriously to take all of this, but I'm trying to find a balance of realism and caution amidst the histeria.

It was almost too hot out in the sun today...if it doesn't cool off again, some of this may have to wait till next winter...I'm a total whimp in the heat, which pretty much every summer has me questioning why I live here o_O

started some splitting and stacking today
View attachment 805752
Didn't feel like getting into the bigger rounds, so started in a bit on the second tree, also took down a cherry that was all smashed up from the big tree fall.
View attachment 805754
then land owner asked if I could take some of this well-seasoned elm to make room for some other stuff in his shed. Don't mind if I do, sir. Went ahead and put it right up on the rack on the porch, figure these small pieces will be good for spring chills.
View attachment 805755
Last pic , that's a proper looking scrounge!

Pretty sure that’s hickory, or at least it looks like a species here in KY.

Yep, my dad also confirmed the hickory diagnosis the other day.

Last pic , that's a proper looking scrounge!
yeah! that is two stacks deep in the Prius V. Almost filled up the porch rack.

Our county schools (we still have one in high school) reports that our elementary school had a positive for corona virus. They can't say anything about if it was a student or staff because of privacy regulations. That school only will be closing for fourteen days starting tomorrow. Cleaning and sanitizing to begin soon.

I think I need to make a sign like on the back of dump trucks that says, "Stay back 6 feet. Not responsible for corona virus coming from pavement." To be worn on the back of my shirt. Maybe one for the front too.

Made myself a trailer hitch for my lawn mower recently so I could move my log splitter around easier. I had to buy the hitch ball but I had the bits of steel laying around. I just got to get myself a couple bolts to attach it, I'll have less than 10 bucks in it and should make life easier.IMG_20200127_150537.jpgIMG_20200308_181825.jpg

Mtronic does all the work.
Unless your seller is a dealer, I doubt you have warranty.

Nice! It wasn’t from a dealer, but the guy had just picked it up from the dealer. He had purchased it previously and was sitting at the dealer waiting to be picked up. I’m sure I could get the original sales receipt from them, but I’m not real worried about it.

Do you have any links or videos on YouTube that show how to open up that port? Would be worth looking into, although I can’t imagine that little saw having any more power than it does already.

Precisely why I can't use my monkeyed 261on urban jobs. Thank gawd I don't do many of 'em.
Really it's a chain saw . People are going to complain? My Springer with a hillside Harley 113 engine will set off every car alarm I go by. Chevelle when I open up the electric dumps does the same. Never had anybody complain about my modded saws

Nice! It wasn’t from a dealer, but the guy had just picked it up from the dealer. He had purchased it previously and was sitting at the dealer waiting to be picked up. I’m sure I could get the original sales receipt from them, but I’m not real worried about it.

Do you have any links or videos on YouTube that show how to open up that port? Would be worth looking into, although I can’t imagine that little saw having any more power than it does already.
It will pick up a good bit with a muffler mod(be sure to remove the muffler and then rinse it out well after opening it up), and porting it will help even more:chainsaw:.
Ran a tank thru mine tonight, been a while since I had it out.
Half a row left to fill the woodshed for next yr. The bucket of larger rounds I'm hoping to split tomorrow, if that doesn't fill it it won't take much more, hoping to be done with that side of the woodshed tomorrow. Then I'll start filling the other side for 2021-22. Gathering on the neighbors property is going well so far, I'm trying to stay away from the road so no-one else sees me back there cutting and then asks the neighbor if they can cut too. In a few weeks the trees will have leaves and no-one will be able to see a thing, but then they will here me. I'll ha e to keep quiet like @KiwiBro and use all my stock saws :).

Attachments

• 20200311_183612.jpg
    20200311_183612.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 20200311_190758.jpg
    20200311_190758.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 16
  • 20200311_194147.jpg
    20200311_194147.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
Made myself a trailer hitch for my lawn mower recently so I could move my log splitter around easier. I had to buy the hitch ball but I had the bits of steel laying around. I just got to get myself a couple bolts to attach it, I'll have less than 10 bucks in it and should make life easier.View attachment 805770View attachment 805771
Pictures of the mower please, that thing looks like a beast.

Our county schools (we still have one in high school) reports that our elementary school had a positive for corona virus. They can't say anything about if it was a student or staff because of privacy regulations. That school only will be closing for fourteen days starting tomorrow. Cleaning and sanitizing to begin soon.

I think I need to make a sign like on the back of dump trucks that says, "Stay back 6 feet. Not responsible for corona virus coming from pavement." To be worn on the back of my shirt. Maybe one for the front too.
Most likely teacher or other staff. So far the youngest known case is 15. Seems to leave very young children alone for some reason.

Latest posts

Back