Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rex and the Chipmunk!

When I had Rex my Sister got a cat. Rex didn't pay the cat much attention, so I guess the cat got a little bold. One day the cat swiped Rex across the nose with it's paw. Rex chased the cat through the living room and into the bathroom, and when the cat learned that it could not climb the tile wall in the tub, it never swiped Rex again (but Rex didn't really hurt it, which I'm sure he could have).

So a few months later the cat catches a chipmunk and brings it into the house, then let's it go and recatches it, over and over again. Things got bad when this went into my Dad's office and blood started getting on the paperwork. I frantically tried to get the cat to stop, with no success. So, I hollered for Rex.

Rex came into the office and just glared at the cat. The cat froze, let go of the chipmunk, I opened the outside door and the chipmunk ran out, and further disruption of the office was averted! Don't know what I would have done w/o him, the cat just would not stop with the catch + release, and I had no ability to stop it.

Years ago I was unable to obtain a new tip for the 24" bar that came on my 044. Seems Stihl changed the design of it, but gave the new tip the same # with no way to order the older style tips. That bar is still in my shed!
Sounds like one of the earlier wide tip bars, you know this though I'm sure.
Thanks buddy! Appreciate you taking the time to look!! Don’t really have a local dealer but I’ll ck some other places, thanks.
Welcome.
@Duce can you check with the guys up there for him.

1604687976792.jpeg
brought home about eight loads of firewood from my bosses house, finally got it all split into a big pile. About 2 1/2 cords, maybe three. About to go scrounge some more. I know a guy who will dump a couple cords of logs in the yard for 50 bucks so I have not been scrounging a lot the past few years but this year we have a bunch of trees down from storms. Lotta good oak, easy to split. Think I’ll post some more pictures tomorrow.

I thought the ducks were quackoraptors? Or maybe the chickens were cluckoraptors? I forget now. But I'm sure you know better than me since you knew him.

I'm sorry Zogger is gone. I joined AS in April 2016 while I was convalescing after knee surgery and read the Scrounging thread from the beginning through to about page 850 (which it was up to then) before making my first post. Zogger was a regular contributor and I enjoyed seeing the pictures of Oakzilla.

Life is short, it seems. We should make the most of it while we can, rather than worry about things we can't control.
Similarly here, I joined errr... I'm sure there's a way to look it up... About 2014 I think, read the thread through, and got to feel like a knew a lot of characters. Zogger was a great guy and I enjoyed reading his contributions. Oakzilla, the spring shave and beard for the birds are things like Dan's van, backbone of the thread. Will miss him.

Sorry to hear about Zogger. Much like the others my introduction was reading the scrounge threads. Even though he wasn't posting much when I started you still got a feeling that you knew him. Hopefully he's in a much nicer place feeling way better. Thanks for being a friend to him Steve.

Those ain't fords, where's the truck man, new one?
Someone just get their roof done :).
Nice loads.
Transmission finally died and I'm poor so its sitting. Taking a hard look at doing the 6 speed swap as it close to 1k cheap then redoing the auto and fixing all Fords factory mistakes. The chevy is my BIL and the yota is the FIL. The yota is a 2020 with less then 2k on it. First time its seen a load.

Those ain't fords, where's the truck man, new one?
Someone just get their roof done :).
Nice loads.
Just caught the roofing comment. We rebuilt one of the wood racks. All oak lumber, top is plywood with rubber roofing on top and then metal roofing on top of that. Ready to go for another 20 years.

I thought the ducks were quackoraptors? Or maybe the chickens were cluckoraptors? I forget now. But I'm sure you know better than me since you knew him.

I'm sorry Zogger is gone. I joined AS in April 2016 while I was convalescing after knee surgery and read the Scrounging thread from the beginning through to about page 850 (which it was up to then) before making my first post. Zogger was a regular contributor and I enjoyed seeing the pictures of Oakzilla.

Life is short, it seems. We should make the most of it while we can, rather than worry about things we can't control.
You might be right. Or maybe all of the above

Back