Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He cut down another small Oak with the same bowsaw. Look at the teeth on the saw, there is a purple color to them? Maybe getting hot enough to burn the wood?
View attachment 976475
If he thinks it could be the saw, he should just make a cut in another direction, say at 90* to the first cut, and see if the lines are relative to the saw direction or to the previous set of lines.

If he thinks it could be the saw, he should just make a cut in another direction, say at 90* to the first cut, and see if the lines are relative to the saw direction or to the previous set of lines.
I think that's what he did on the second little Oak, and the lines were oriented in the same direction, in relation to the blade.

I think that's what he did on the second little Oak, and the lines were oriented in the same direction, in relation to the blade.
In that last picture you can see the bottom mark goes out onto the bark also. It must be the saw, sure is odd looking though.
Happy birthday :cheers:.

He cut down another small Oak with the same bowsaw. Look at the teeth on the saw, there is a purple color to them? Maybe getting hot enough to burn the wood?
View attachment 976475

I’ve saw patterns like this on steel that was cut with a band saw. I’m gonna say it’s from the sawing action, vibrations and heat causing that???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was warm two days ago so I knocked out some yard work, cutting down several sage broom bushes. It was more of an excuse to use a saw and the SxS ha. Even scored a few points with the wife.
2a3e80d8a7b8c079ee79725d01b8c01d.jpg

fc3d879b9340f83de40cab47d6788909.jpg

Was warm two days ago so I knocked out some yard work, cutting down several sage broom bushes. It was more of an excuse to use a saw and the SxS ha. Even scored a few points with the wife.
2a3e80d8a7b8c079ee79725d01b8c01d.jpg

fc3d879b9340f83de40cab47d6788909.jpg

When I cut those I tie baler twine around them before I cut them. Makes cleanup easy. I did a couple last week but don't remember if I used the 241 or 261.:chainsaw:

The fun of modern pickups. My wooder is now a 2009 GMC Sierra. Yes 4door (aren't they all now?). Previous was the old time real work truck - 8' bed. It took me 3 hours this morning to load it for the firest load of 6 cord order. I had to sstack every stick - 4 ricks to the end of the bed cab high riacks. Came out to about 3/4cord. The old truck was about half that time to load stacking 1 rick at the cab and one rick at the tailgate, throw the resst in. My opinion is a 4 door pu is not a work truck but a play toy.

I converted my old smoker over to using my55 gallon wood evaporator stove. The old side fire box rotted out, as did a big chunk on the smoker main body. It was so bad the grates fell in because the smoker was splitting apart. I still had the 1st smoker I got and cut off the side of it and screwed it on this one. Grills fit high and tight now, no more falling in. I have evaporator pans to put in to get the smoke going to the smoker body. Next weekend is pulled pork on the smoker. One pork shoulder and one Boston Butt. smoker.jpg

Latest posts

Back