Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend had 4 pin oaks cut down and needed rid of the wood. Me and a buddy gladly helped out, all it needed was split and hauled. We took two loads and the guy still has some left. Ought to be nice for 2025!
What saw did you use Be Stihuskcho? :surprised3:

I always get a kick out of it when I see something like this pop up on facebook. A fella could make himself a mint if he could tap into the interior decorator birch market.
The fireplace in the master bedroom of the house my girlfriend bought last year had birch logs and LED candles in it when she bought it... In the meantime a couple cord have gone through the fireplace in the living room... I've suggested that we need to fire up the birch... There is a new damper on that fireplace so we should use it!

You better get you some of that.... a guy don't see firewood at that price everyday... 🤣

The fireplace in the master bedroom of the house my girlfriend bought last year had birch logs and LED candles in it when she bought it... In the meantime a couple cord have gone through the fireplace in the living room... I've suggested that we need to fire up the birch... There is a new damper on that fireplace so we should use it!
Those birch logs are worth a fortune! I would save them for a special occasion :D

Morning everybody. Our way strange weather continues… On my way home from the basketball game last night I observed as low as 2° and to this morning it was 18 when I woke up. Looks like we’re back in weather similar as we’ve seen over the last couple of weeks with lows in the 20s and highs in the 30s for the next 10 days. I’ll take it.

Morning everybody. Our way strange weather continues… On my way home from the basketball game last night I observed as low as 2° and to this morning it was 18 when I woke up. Looks like we’re back in weather similar as we’ve seen over the last couple of weeks with lows in the 20s and highs in the 30s for the next 10 days. I’ll take it.
We're having some bizarre weather for December over here as well. Normally, I would be getting all of my ice fishing gear ready and accounted for, to go in the bed of my truck where it lives until April. Mother nature has other plans unfortunately...:(. 59 degrees and rain last night with 54 mph gusts. Lots of power outages in the area and downed trees according to the local fb groups. The upside is I may get a scrounge out of this!

People pay good money for something they have no means or access to, the misses makes 20 some off of these every Christmas sell them all at her studio IMG_7458.jpeg

Dirty little buggers....😡
It's not just EAB killing the Ash trees. I have plenty of them dying from Ash blight. Yes, I have had an expert look at these trees. I have yet to find an EAB hole on any of the trees that I have removed so far. It is really pissing me off. We had so many nice large Ash trees that have died over the last 10 years.

It's not just EAB killing the Ash trees. I have plenty of them dying from Ash blight. Yes, I have had an expert look at these trees. I have yet to find an EAB hole on any of the trees that I have removed so far. It is really pissing me off. We had so many nice large Ash trees that have died over the last 10 years.
Thats all I’ve been burning 🔥 , the last few years all ash that has died in my area,

Calm after the storm, 👍
Sure is. Now if only we could get some sub teen temps to freeze the ground so I can get some more wood in. I had to regrade my main logging road and rebuild the water bars on our hill this morning. The heavy rains trenched the water bars and the road. It sure did pour here.

Sure is. Now if only we could get some sub teen temps to freeze the ground so I can get some more wood in. I had to regrade my main logging road and rebuild the water bars on our hill this morning. The heavy rains trenched the water bars and the road. It sure did pour here.
I have a gravel driveway, it never froze last year, so plowing was a PITA , temperatures just fluctuating so much ,

our weather is the opposit, 44 degrees right now and going higher. Bit of rain. We did have one cold weather and some snow lasst month. Snow is long gone.

I am working on splitting the summeers harvest. 5 cord done and working on cord 6 and 7. I need to stake out 2 more spaces for cord 7 and possibly 8. I'll try driving the T posts when I am done here. Hoping what frost did build up last month may be out of ground now to permit driving them.

Despite the heavy rain there are already reports of trees down on the rail trail... surprise!
Got a report late this morning... Apparently a tree on property adjacent to the trail fell across the trail property and smashed a mobile home on property adjacent to the trail on the other side of the trail... Between the wind and an upset property owner this is going to wait until tomorrow. I think I'll take a ride and get some photos to see what tools / equipment will be needed... More later!

Got a report late this morning... Apparently a tree on property adjacent to the trail fell across the trail property and smashed a mobile home on property adjacent to the trail on the other side of the trail... Between the wind and an upset property owner this is going to wait until tomorrow. I think I'll take a ride and get some photos to see what tools / equipment will be needed... More later!
Sounds like a huge mess.

Back