Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have my CAD under control. :chainsaw: Haven't bought a saw this year.
My fear is that it is because I'm getting older and slower ... and don't have time to use what I've got!

I have lots of saws and lots of guns, but only one Mustang, and it is not a "60s" classic. The reason is because I prefer driving it to fixing them! I have all the knowledge to make an old one scream, but the gas mileage will be about half and they are not as reliable as my 2006. Alternators, power steering, power brakes, clutches, timing chains, etc. all had more issues. If you correct all the problems, it will cost you a fortune. Plus, you cannot touch a Mustang Fastback in good condition for less than 2 or 3 times the price of a new one.

Mine seems just right for me (as modified). Retro looks, decent gas mileage, VG performance, and VG reliability. A brand-new high end one (with a stick) will set you back about $60,000 (before dealer markup). I would lose some performance in exchange for some added mileage (very little), comfort, and comfort features. In fact, the Dark Horse may not give me any additional mileage, so I guess I did pretty well with the modifications to what I had!

I think I'll keep what I've got till it gives up on me! That said, I'm glad Ford came out with new Mustangs with strong running V-8s and stick shifts! I may need one in the future (when the mark-ups disappear)!

Drugs are bad, and I think the newer ones are stronger. Makes good people not good people in a hurry.

I swear I can’t go to the Dollar General here without seeing a few tweakers. You’ve never seen these people in your life but they’re out in the woods or in crackhouses in town doing this ****.

I very much disagree with law-enforcement’s plan to “watch the dealers so they can get the upline”. If you strong up every dog dealer you came across, you’d run out a drug dealers in a hurry, and some of them would rat out their connections.
My thoughts exactly. Lynch-em all and the problem will disappear.

I can honestly say that I have never seen a Big Mac in person except at McDonalds. I have owned a Pro Mac 610 and a 650 20+ years ago. They both cut good but felt really loose due to the anti vibe system.
You definitely have not ran the good ones. I don't have a sp 81 or 125 yet but I have a pm 700 and pm 850. They are great saws. I don't care much for the 610 or 650.

This isn’t helping……

I suffer from severe GAD

You sir, are an enabler!
How’s the shopping going? There are so many good options today compared to when I built my first kit about 50 years ago. Back then the bicentennial brought a lot of junk to market… Now, choosing from among the good options is more difficult but I’m sure you’ll find your way.😉

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @dancan!!! :cheers: Hope you get a mini-van full of spruce 🌲 for a present. :rock2:
Happy birthday, @dancan !

The other day I was driving on the highway and I saw an older early 00’s ratty mustang with a whole bunch of Spruce logs hanging out of the trunk. Couldn’t get a picture fast enough though.

Good morning guys.

Had a fairly productive day of moving wood and a very productive day of eating yesterday.

Got one cord unloaded at my friends house and 3/4 of another cord loaded into the trailer. I need to bring that over there at some point before we get another batch of snow. Also went up to my cabin and put a second cellular linked trail cam. Now I have one that watches the front door and driveway and another that watches the back. Really liking the spylink cameras. The ones I’ve been using are about $75 apiece and if you get the basic limited photo transmission program, there’s no monthly fee. The other nice thing is they transmit in about three minutes so you know almost immediately if somebody is in your yard.

Brunch of biscuits and gravy and dinner of prime rib with corn casserole and salad.

IMG_5788.jpegIMG_5789.jpegIMG_5790.jpegIMG_5802.jpegIMG_5800.jpegIMG_5801.jpegIMG_5803.jpeg

Good morning guys.

Had a fairly productive day of moving wood and a very productive day of eating yesterday.

Got one cord unloaded at my friends house and 3/4 of another cord loaded into the trailer. I need to bring that over there at some point before we get another batch of snow. Also went up to my cabin and put a second cellular linked trail cam. Now I have one that watches the front door and driveway and another that watches the back. Really liking the spylink cameras. The ones I’ve been using are about $75 a piece if you get the basic limited for a transmission program, there’s no monthly fee.

Brunch of biscuits and gravy and dinner of prime rib with corn casserole and salad.

View attachment 1140782View attachment 1140783View attachment 1140784View attachment 1140776View attachment 1140777View attachment 1140778View attachment 1140786
There you go makin me hungry again! Made my eggs yesterday morning in the little pan you supplied. Think I should have let it heat up a bit more before adding the butter and eggs. I have the #5 and a 10.25" here at the house. At the cabin I have a 12" and a rectangular griddle. :drinkingcoffee:

Back