Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never seen anyone ***** so much. The last time we camped with them, she ragged my BIL from morning until bedtime. 'Do this', 'get me that', 'No, I said .....'. And BIL just took it. I know what I'd say... F Off! You're probably right, negative energy.
There's a word for that, starts with a c and ends with a t... seems to apply very well in this situation.
Someone posted the following on Nextdoor. Their profile indicates they are from NYC and have an upstate home.

"We are having (after last year’s invasion) another invasion of gypsy moths around our house. Is anyone else having this issue and can offer any solutions? Many of our scrubs were damaged last year and here we go again. I really don’t like the idea of having our property hit w chemical treatments if possible."

My response was:

"Having lots of white footed mice around helps to some degree... they eat the spongy moth larvae and pupae."

I'm now sitting back waiting for heads to explode. 😉
You just made my day!

I've never seen anyone ***** so much. The last time we camped with them, she ragged my BIL from morning until bedtime. 'Do this', 'get me that', 'No, I said .....'. And BIL just took it. I know what I'd say... F Off! You're probably right, negative energy.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

Not at all.
This reminds me..... I have an 034 that needs final testing. Not sure it was oiling very well. Non adjustable oiler. Playing with a sears best 3.3 ( aka shreveport special) at the moment. There is just something about those particular ones that I like. P&C look good but she's missing some parts. Will see if it tries to go first then start shopping! If anyone has parts for one that you want to move, let me know. It's the one with the blue label and the silver toggle switch on top of the handle. Will add a pic in a bit.

OK, I know it doesn't look like much, but I scrounged some 'still good' used deck lumber. It will work for garden projects like raised beds and dunnage for firewood pallets.
View attachment 1162292
I got a whole deck last year. Felt like Christmas!!! Tons of solid 2X8's

Your PSA for you weekend warriors. :laugh:
View attachment 1162304

The shop where my son works has had guys come in and buy a saw and then come back later that day or the next to return it... unused. They confess that they are afraid of it. That's a good starting place!

The shop where my son works has had guys come in and buy a saw and then come back later that day or the next to return it... unused. They confess that they are afraid of it. That's a good starting place!
A man has to know his limitations! My sister on the other hand ( all 5' of her) insisted on running my pro mac 850! The girl is a nut.

PXL_20240315_175816920.MP.jpg
Gee whiz get busy for a couple weeks and I'm 50 pages behind! Although not wood, this fireplace is interesting. I didn't build this one, another fabricator did but my company powder coated it. Got a tour of this custom home today. Ceiling is all western clear cedar. Took 3 truck loads to pick through all the boards for the owner to be happy with it. Now that I've seen how the rich folks roll, I'll get back to slinging my own firewood. 😂

Rifled slug barrels for the 870 have been very hard to find. I see some complete guns with them, but no one seems to have just the barrel for sale.

I have an 870 and my daughter's household has 2 in 12 ga and one in 20 ga.
Going by EBAY, guys are asking anywhere from $300-$450 for barrels similar to mine. The subject did not come up at work today, but I'm quite c ertain he don't want it that bad.

The only saw i've ever seen that "scared" me was powered by a small block V8 😂

I put NEW blades in my planer today, talk about it now making a smooooooth cut,

Resized-20240315-143515-S.jpg

SO, with the old blades out, I got out my knife grinder,

Resized-20240315-153053-S.jpg

and sharpened them, and set them aside, I should be all set for a while now!

SR

Back