Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Care to help me teach that first notion to members of the organizations, boards, and committees, both private and public, with which I'm associated? 🤪
if you're already associated with those boards surely you don't need a stranger on the internet telling you how to do it .
but i understand , you're just flirting with me ;)

It’s getting out of hand . I went to Walmart the other day it used to smell of tobacco at the entrance now it reeks of pot
Many times I've smelled it driving down the expressway in the semi, at least I think that's what it was :laugh: .
I've had to walk out of places of business before because it was so strong, and driving down a street on the NE side of Columbus I could smell it very strongly for over a mile. I have to take drug tests and sometimes randomly for work, it would really suck to fail because someone else was doing it. I'm fully aware of how the tests work, so I realize that I'd have to have a decent amount in my system in order to fail, but the stuff they are selling now isn't the stuff from back in the day, no matter how "good" of stuff you had.
MI is full on for recreational now, and my town has like 11 dope shops in it, it's absurd.

My brother in law works for a chevy dealer down in Lancaster, I expect I'll get some more good stories from him this weekend when we have Easter dinner. He does mostly truck warranty work, but said he was getting sent out for ev training a few moths ago. Can't say I'd buy a new one, and I sure as shite don't want them working on my truck either.
Sean, GM changed the requirements for all of us

Last year (I’m a size C shop) we needed TWO EV guys, so his year 4

Such BS as we NEVER do any repairs other recalls on those POS’s

Sean, GM changed the requirements for all of us

Last year (I’m a size C shop) we needed TWO EV guys, so his year 4

Such BS as we NEVER do any repairs other recalls on those POS’s
He wasn't looking forward to it, and has complained a few times about the requirements gm places on their shop for ev support.

I'd be super interested who dealerships deem qualified to make such a repair. By default you'd probably be more likely to find a good sheet metal welder in a body shop but that's not absolute, and not all dealerships have paint shops.
It sounds like a hot mess. If I had an affected truck this one would give me some heart burn.
What’s the recall number??
I’m a parts the parts and service Director at the largest Chevrolet dealership in the Hudson Valley. I have yet to have one of these trucks come into my shop.

He wasn't looking forward to it, and has complained a few times about the requirements gm places on their shop for ev support.
The worst thing, if I don’t get my guys trained up, they take away my ability to pay them extra time on warranty repair jobs. They literally grab you by your balls and tell you you better play the game my way or else.

Meanwhile, I pulled my hair out trying to find guys that are half qualified and willing to work for what GM reimburses you under warranty time. And then after I hire them, I can’t even let them touch a warranty repair until they get trained, and what’s the motivation to get trained? Get paid 2/3 of the time the customer pay repair?

I’m sure your brother-in-law and I be able to share some great stories over a beer!!

IMG_6550.png

I asked how he made the feed line to the pump work

Then I told him I was pretty impressed he could weld it up without it leaking 🤣

Y’all got me mighty worried about that one elbow

I’ve been running it on the old pump since 2015, but with this bigger pump…. I’m a bit nervous
73326615330__F1857553-EF8B-4E7B-9A9F-C0E89E097190.jpeg

I’ve been running it on the old pump since 2015, but with this bigger pump…. I’m a bit nervous
View attachment 1165169
The pump puts puts out more flow, pressure is determined by the relief valve setting. It's not really under any more strain then it was before from pressure standpoint. Flow wise, I'd just ditch it. 90* fittings suck for flow. Doesn't look like you actually need it on the pump anyway from what I see in the picture.

View attachment 1165169
Pressure is set by the relief in the valve so the system is still seeing the same pressure as before unless you guys messed with the relief.

Not to overplay it or anything but I'd be nervous too. Nobody can say if or when the fitting will fail but it is a ticking time bomb, nonetheless. I see pressure rated fittings fail too but they usually have hundreds of thousands (maybe even millions) of cycles on them from running 24/7/365.

Edited: @sean donato beat me to it 👍

Pressure is set by the relief in the valve so the system is still seeing the same pressure as before unless you guys messed with the relief.

Not to overplay it or anything but I'd be nervous too. Nobody can say if or when the fitting will fail but it is a ticking time bomb, nonetheless. I see pressure rated fittings fail too but they usually have hundreds of thousands (maybe even millions) of cycles on them from running 24/7/365.

Edited: @sean donato beat me to it 👍
Like it was said,not worth the risk

And yeah, just like an exhaust, 90*s suck for flow

I can't tell you how many of my clients who have to work in the City complain about the constant smell of weed!

But the Biden Administration is ONLY worried about Natural Gas fumes!
I am drug tested weekly people who violate the policy at work are terminated immediately. Stoned minds and heavy equipment doesn't mix.

The worst thing, if I don’t get my guys trained up, they take away my ability to pay them extra time on warranty repair jobs. They literally grab you by your balls and tell you you better play the game my way or else.

Meanwhile, I pulled my hair out trying to find guys that are half qualified and willing to work for what GM reimburses you under warranty time. And then after I hire them, I can’t even let them touch a warranty repair until they get trained, and what’s the motivation to get trained? Get paid 2/3 of the time the customer pay repair?

I’m sure your brother-in-law and I be able to share some great stories over a beer!!

View attachment 1165166
I don't even know how to respond to that. We had 15 different engine lines we worked on. 3 full time service guys an 1 machinist that world wrench when we needed him in the mechanic shop. Only needed one or two guys for warranty work to be done. We kinda divided up the smaller engines to who liked working on them and the 3 of us got rotated through training on the larger engines. Few times the boss and parts guy would go to classes with us. Deere and Perkins had the most requirements (which we did about the least work on.) Volvo, Scania, Isuzu,kubota and yanmar were just happy to have 5 guys in a class. All the small engine (Briggs,Kohler, Honda, subaru robin, etc.) We all went to the update classes once a year and called it a day. I've had formal training on deutz, hatz, lister petter, Fischer Panda, and a few other odd balls just to get the service dealer account for the shop. Hardly ever seen them and certainly don't miss working on the odd balls, with deutz being the exception. (Very good engines btw.)
I certainly couldn't imagine having to sit through classes for each yearly just to keep the doors open.
Yeah Collin is a good guy. I'm sure you'd enjoy swapping stories with him.

Smoking weed is not legal here they will throw you in jail.
It's still federally illegal, don't much care what the state has to say about it at this point. I can loose my job, loose my cdl, loose my guns.... just not worth it for me.

Latest posts

Back