SD 114 carb settings?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaysSD114

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently replaced the tank vent tube on my SD114. The saw has always died if you let it idle for more than a few seconds. The tank vent line just rotted off and has prob been causing problems for a while. I set the H side screw to 1 turn out and L side screw to 1 1/2 turns out and then set the idle after that. Didn't know if I need to adjust it differently or not . Those are the factory settings from what I've seen.

With the saw set back to the factory settings it is idling great and is very responsive off idle. To set the high side, should I do it in the cut and tune for peak rpm in the wood?

Ok thank you! The saw really wakes up quick now from idle. I will reset the L side to one turn out and try that.

Tried 1 turn out on the L side and it bogs for just a quick second. Went to 1 1/4 turns out and the bog goes away. I think it likes that little extra of fuel. Smells a little richer also.

I let it idle on the floor for a few minutes. Picked it up and it responds instantly with the L out 1 1/4 turns. I tried it at 1 turn out and it bogs at the first hit of the throttle. Idle has stayed pretty consistent. I let it idle for prob 3min and it just purs right along.

Turn the"L"screw in tiny amounts until it hesitates on throttle opening then out till the throttle pick up is clean at the screw in the most ,"H" setting is 4 stroking at WOT running clear of wood revs should clean up & 2 stroke as the saw starts to cut, if in doubt run the "H" a tiny bit out (rich)

Al, that's pretty much how I set the L side. I was at 1 1/2 turns out but after messing with it again I'm about 1 1/4 or a tad more.

Back