Sears G44 (Roper 917.63208)?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PogoInTheWoods

Don't forget about the alligators...
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Trying to I.D. this saw and above is as close as I've been able to get so far..., though the muffler and automatic oiler don't seem to add up according to Acres' info and pic.

1107151438a_resized.jpg

1107151438_resized.jpg

A buddy of mine picked it up for free yesterday. Aside from the surface grime, it's in really good shape..., except for a model number and a legible I.D. tag.

TIA for any input.​

Trying to I.D. this saw and above is as close as I've been able to get so far..., though the muffler and automatic oiler don't seem to add up according to Acres' info and pic.

View attachment 459546

View attachment 459547

A buddy of mine picked it up for free yesterday. Aside from the surface grime, it's in really good shape..., except for a model number and a legible I.D. tag.

TIA for any input.​

I have no idea, just giving this a bump back to page one.

I also recall him selling off some of his chainsaws. We discussed a Poulan top-handle that he had, unfortunately it didn't match the one I had needing parts.

View attachment 459546

View attachment 459547

TIA for any input.​

Made by roper sold by Sears. It's a G 49 gear drive. Made in late 70's to 1986.

Thanks for the input. Made all the way until 1986? What's the difference between a G 49 and a G 44? AH49 vs. AH44 I assume? How about the auto-oiler? Acres only shows exploded illustrations of all of the saws in that general 917.632xx lineup except for a single pic of what's supposed to be a 917.63208 with an AH44 engine but manual oiler only in both the illustrations and descriptions. Only illustration inidicating an 'Automatic Oiler' on the sticker is the one for 917.63202 and it's a completely different sticker. And none have a muffler..., just a stack. So what's the actual 917.632xx number for this thing? And boy could I kick myself in the ass for not picking up a direct drive version of this saw when one coincidentally popped up on CL just a couple days after the other guy got this gear drive. That stuff just doesn't happen.

Latest posts

Back