Seeking advice on toolbox for Super Duty

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigwot

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just bought a stake bed dump Super Duty. It has a fairly standard bed/headboard on it (7' 7" x 12').
I'm looking to rebuild it so I can put an L-shaped, cross box behind the cab and build a removable chip box, too .
It'd be nice to have a small rig for small jobs with all ropes and tools already
on the truck. I see them sold by Arbortech and Southco for larger trucks.
Does anyone have experience installing one on a smaller truck? -anyone have
a box for sale? any advice would be appreciated. Here's a pic of the
1990 SuperDuty with 75k miles on it and a nice Kruger bed:

SuperDuty.JPG

RED= Tool boxes. I would go with an I-Pack and then a 48" underneath that way you have more room then a L-Pack.
BLUE= Solid sides ?welded? to the bed.
YELLOW= removeable chip box made out of plywood or aluminum.

Wow, Thanks for the responses and ideas; getting excited to dive into this project.

We have a 1992 ford super duty with an arbortech dump, it came with a rope locker, through box, saw locker, gas and oil locker, and a removable hood for chipping. This truck has been overworked since day one, the only problems have been due to operator error.(improper starting of the deisel, taking off in second gear etc...) Great truck, good luck, let me know if you want more info on the box(or pictures) let me know.

Latest posts

Back