Seized up stihl ms290

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a possibility you could have an air leak, assuming the correct air/fuel ratio and had the proper amount of oil in the fuel mix. Other things could be a crack in the intake boot or the pulse hose. You have to be careful when you put the engine together so you don't have a leak between the engine pan and the cylinder. Use good quality sealer on them and not rtv.

Well this thread has been a hoot to read. Definitely separated the knowledgeable posters from the wannabe armchair mechanics.

It amazes me how often the diagnosis is "lean seize" on here. Even after a piston pic of a pristine exhaust side!

The saw probably hydrolocked. Turning the nut on the flywheel freed it up. That would be my best guess from 1000 miles away...run it like you stole it, kill it and buy a better saw.

Well this thread has been a hoot to read. Definitely separated the knowledgeable posters from the wannabe armchair mechanics.

It amazes me how often the diagnosis is "lean seize" on here. Even after a piston pic of a pristine exhaust side!

The saw probably hydrolocked. Turning the nut on the flywheel freed it up. That would be my best guess from 1000 miles away...run it like you stole it, kill it and buy a better saw.
No, it is from a new poster inserting a new question/problem on an "old" thread instead of starting a new one.

Latest posts

Back