Sellers What will your wood bring this year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you must be buying propane a hell of a lot cheaper then I am, I am at $2.19 a gallon locked in for 2007/2008 comitted to just the 300 gallon min to get that price although I doubt I will use 100 gallons to heat the shop this year

I locked my price at $1.55, prepay with a 500 gallon minimum. I'm going to try and stretch that to 2009. I doubt if we will see many price decreases in the future.

you must be buying propane a hell of a lot cheaper then I am, I am at $2.19 a gallon locked in for 2007/2008 comitted to just the 300 gallon min to get that price although I doubt I will use 100 gallons to heat the shop this year

I paid $1.59 last year. We used between 500 and 700 gallons per year before putting in the fireplace. That is heat, hot water, and cooking. Our house is 1700 sq ft on two floors with a full basement. Every year the propane goes up but then so does the price people are willing to pay for wood. We used to have only wood heat. I put in the efficient propane furnace in the early 90's when propane was around 60 cents. One thing I left out of my calculations though is that we keep the house much warmer when burning free wood than we do when on the gas. And that feels good.

sorry for going off subject with this - carry on.

I get $135 per 1/3 cord (4'x8'x16") delivered and stacked. Anyone charging under $100 around here is leaving money on the table.

From what I've seen lately In western WIS Oak is averaging $50 per face cord or $150 per cord. You can get mixed hardwood a little cheaper. Come fall you will see some better deals because of competition.

If I could consistently make $375 a day doing firewood, I would give up my day job and "Haywire's Hey! Wood!" would become a registered business name. Not happening tho.

Ian

Good hardwood is plentiful in my area, as are the amount of guys doing wood. So, prices range from $150 to $200 a cord. Fuel prices are becoming more of an issue with guys. Most are adding a fuel charge after a certain distance.

Firewood Prices

I sell my 2year seasoned Oak in the Milwaukee Wi. area for $200. a full cord

delivered and dumped,stacking extra. After the 1st of September the price

goes up to $235.

Right now firewood sellers are at $ 300.00 per cord for mixed hard woods delivered. Wine countys & bay area. I expect to see prices go higher again around the end of Nov. as they did last year.

yup

1 true cord dumpped only $225

Thats what I just paid. I had to cut the pieces down to size (see my "new stove owner w/ questions" thread) so I may have a wee bit more than a cord for the $225 when I throw in the huge pile of 4" ends I cut off. I got another load yesterday but I think I may get more from this load as the pile is noticably bigger. **fingers crossed**

Last edited:
Dry oak is going for $400/cord around here lately.
sometimes delivered, sometimes not.

I reckon natural gas would be cheaper if you had to buy your wood.

Latest posts

Back