• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Selling my 090

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I understand, the 090 was king of the hill during the most robust logging period ever in North America (on earth maybe).
There are/were a lot of them out there.
I bet there was more than a few different muffler configurations ;)

From what I understand, the 090 was king of the hill during the most robust logging period ever in North America (on earth maybe).

I don't think so. The 070/090 muffler was cast and pretty distinct looking. That looks like it was adapted from another saw. The OEM muffler may still be available but they are widely available aftermarket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know of a PNW logger that still uses an 090 with 72" bar when he has 12 & 13 foot trees to fall. He uses an 066 and 024 for everything else.

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but the 125 Family of McCullochs would walk over an 090, but the 090s are just unkillable with decent fuel.

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but the 125 Family of McCullochs would walk over an 090, but the 090s are just unkillable with decent fuel.
A 125 is good for 60", the regular 797, not super, is good for 72". Above that, the 090 is king for a 1 man saw. I do like a 125 with 50" bar, but go to the 090 for any longer bar myself. As far as speeds goes, the 101's or hopped up 090's likely depend on a lot of variables.

A 125 is good for 60", the regular 797, not super, is good for 72". Above that, the 090 is king for a 1 man saw. I do like a 125 with 50" bar, but go to the 090 for any longer bar myself. As far as speeds goes, the 101's or hopped up 090's likely depend on a lot of variables.

I’d say either way it’s a bad day involving jacks, two saws and a lot of gas, oh yeah a cold one at the end of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve never seen a tree that couldn’t be safely done with a 50” or so.

Oh The Joy to Cut One of those big Red Woods with a hopped Up Saw though.

Latest posts

Back