Sharpening after hitting a rock.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice saw but it is in Victoria', too much trouble to have a look eh?
Why not get Dad a 500i for Christmas, then we can get a fair dinkum review after a couple of months ?

Looks to be a legit nice example of an Aussie ms660 not the gutless epa USA ms660 guys imported into Australia making a tidy profit.
For now I'll pass can't commit to anything I've got to go see dad he could of bought a saw already I've not talked to him. I don't try talking on the ph with him he's to deaf to make any sense.
He's never bought a 2nd hand saw I'd prefer to run a saw first before buying if going that way and with all the crossing the border BS we have going on here.
Thanks for ya help we'll work it out eventually.

All good mate, yep agree, I found it and sent to trains, we both agreed the same - good example of well used but well cared for Original Aussi dualport. I can’t quite justify it and trains is holding out for something a bit lower hour.

Nice saw but it is in Victoria', too much trouble to have a look eh?
Why not get Dad a 500i for Christmas, then we can get a fair dinkum review after a couple of months ?
Victoria yeah nah not going anywhere near that **** hole lol
A 500i is an unknown here do they have the balls to pull .404 25inch bar buried in hardwood like narrow leaf red Ironbark long term not just a few quick cuts? not forgetting .404 7pin is close to 8pin 3/8 .404 works saws hard. Traditionally that's 90cc plus stock saw territory here. There is a big difference between the load cutting our hardwoods and cutting timber with the hardness of rolled up foam mattress puts on a saw.
He's saws live on the back of his ute in the rain hail and in the heat he does not always use fresh fuel or mix fuel consistently and he only runs .404, the old 066/660's stepped up to these conditions with never a whimper.
The 500i seems to be a great saw from what I've seen on the internet's but I have no personal experience with one and I won't go out on a limb and recommend one to him.
He's old set in his ways and passed being impressed by the latest and greatest thinks everything is made in China now lol
I might even look into what it takes to change his 661's to adjustable carby will read up on it.

A 500i is an unknown here do they have the balls to pull .404 25inch bar buried in hardwood like narrow leaf red Ironbark long term not just a few quick cuts? not forgetting .404 7pin is close to 8pin 3/8 .404 works saws hard. Traditionally that's 90cc plus stock saw territory here. There is a big difference between the load cutting our hardwoods and cutting timber with the hardness of rolled up foam mattress puts on a saw.
He's saws live on the back of his ute in the rain hail and in the heat he does not always use fresh fuel or mix fuel consistently and he only runs .404, the old 066/660's stepped up to these conditions with never a whimper.
The 500i seems to be a great saw from what I've seen on the internet's but I have no personal experience with one and I won't go out on a limb and recommend one to him.
He's old set in his ways and passed being impressed by the latest and greatest thinks everything is made in China now lol
I might even look into what it takes to change his 661's to adjustable carby will read up on it.
Best stay away from. The 500i then. Crappy fuel and pore maintenance isn't going to impress that fuel Injection system.

Your local Stilh bloke should give him a 500 for a couple of months to use and abuse, if it gets through that it's great advertising. Pull 77 dl 404 under "difficult" conditions? maybe not but it would be a fair dinkum review by one of the last old school bushies still running a saw.
If your Dad likes em I'll bloody buy one lol.
I did see Robin Wood had some 660s

Latest posts

Back