Sharpening Gauge for S62 71-3619

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiteboarder

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, I have an old Craftsman saw that uses S62 71-3619 18 inch chains. I recently picked up the right files to sharpen these chains but I left the store and forgot to buy the gauge to file down the rakers.

I've been searching all over the place and found, for example, this:

https://www.amazon.com/Oregon-27742...qid=1535409286&sr=1-4&keywords=chainsaw+guage

But I'm not sure if it's correct. Some people say in the questions for that product that it will work with all chains. I highly doubt that.

Is this the correct gauge or do I need to keep looking?

Hi, I have an old Craftsman saw that uses S62 71-3619 18 inch chains. I recently picked up the right files to sharpen these chains but I left the store and forgot to buy the gauge to file down the rakers.

I've been searching all over the place and found, for example, this:

https://www.amazon.com/Oregon-27742...qid=1535409286&sr=1-4&keywords=chainsaw+guage

But I'm not sure if it's correct. Some people say in the questions for that product that it will work with all chains. I highly doubt that.

Is this the correct gauge or do I need to keep looking?
It’ll work.

^^^ Well, I wasn't so much asking about the file itself. I was asking about the gauge. As, are their various different depth gauges, or does this one gauge have all the different depth integrated into it, like along it's length or something?

^^^ Well, I wasn't so much asking about the file itself. I was asking about the gauge. As, are their various different depth gauges, or does this one gauge have all the different depth integrated into it, like along it's length or something?
Nope. That gauge is only for 0.025". I use that gauge for all of my chains and it works fine. I think 0.025" is the most common.

Latest posts

Back