Shindaiwa 490 air filter problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ereplacement and partstree.com both have what you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks alderman
I actually found the parts on the Shindaiwa website, and true to form, when I go to checkout
delivered to my country, usual story.
I will now try and order from the links you posted.

Thanks, john

Ok, I tried to purchase from partstree, they only offer to ship to USA or Canada, so no good.
Tried ereplacementparts, the shipping to Ireland is 19.88 euro, for 15 dollars worth of parts,
and because the shipping is expensive, I will also be hit for duty and vat on top as its over 30 euro.

Will see if I can get them local.

Thanks to all who commented, john

Hello. I allready wrote this in your original post. The 490 draws air from under the carb. The case has a hole and the intake partition between the cilinder and carb bolts over that hole. The air comes from the tank and case were the wood chips and dust enters when cutting. When i put mine together i put over that hole a little prefilter. Your best bet with the filter is Germany. They still sell this 490.

Hello. I allready wrote this in your original post. The 490 draws air from under the carb. The case has a hole and the intake partition between the cilinder and carb bolts over that hole. The air comes from the tank and case were the wood chips and dust enters when cutting. When i put mine together i put over that hole a little prefilter. Your best bet with the filter is Germany. They still sell this 490.
Hi, I remembered you last time I brought this subject up.
The saw is under warranty, and I was and am trying not to take the carb off, so as to see what is behind it,
where you say there is a hole, I found a much bigger round hole that to me would let in much more air and
what ever else is in the air to the carb, so have filtered that for now, and will be keeping a good eye on it.
But in any event will be ordering the flocked filter which should trap the smaller stuff from entering the carb.

Thanks, john

Back