Shops that won't sell synthetic mix oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There never has been anyone here or on other sites, that I am aware of, that has proben any supperiority of fullsynthetic over semisynthetic. So if anyone has any proof, I am all ears. Although to be honest, at the moment I use full synthetic, but a generic brand where the same amount costs less than the semisynthetic brand name. 7

It doesn't work.

Assuming you tore it down because there was a problem?

Does that piston look OK to you?

I think it fried because it couldn't cool off, the fins were packed with 5 years of caked in sawdust and neglect on my part. This was one of hardest run saws that is pretty much on a constant basis making ripping cuts with the grain, lot of fine sawdust for hours a day. Assuming I was running a 40:1 for the last 5 years instead would it have fried because of the same reason? If it was too lean why would it run day in and out for 5 years? That seems like an awfully long time to run. I have a new 490 echo that I may try and run 40:1 in and see how long that lasts compared to my amsoil 80:1 490.

I think it fried because it couldn't cool off, the fins were packed with 5 years of caked in sawdust and neglect on my part. This was one of hardest run saws that is pretty much on a constant basis making ripping cuts with the grain, lot of fine sawdust for hours a day. Assuming I was running a 40:1 for the last 5 years instead would it have fried because of the same reason? If it was too lean why would it run day in and out for 5 years? That seems like an awfully long time to run. I have a new 490 echo that I may try and run 40:1 in and see how long that lasts compared to my amsoil 80:1 490.
80:1 is simply not enough oil for a chainsaw. I would say this saw would have run longer at 40:1 than it did under those conditions.

80:1 is simply not enough oil for a chainsaw. I would say this saw would have run longer at 40:1 than it did under those conditions.
I doubt it seriously! If the outside is packed, there is nothing in the world that will save it, if it can't cool off in prolonged cuts.

Slight subject change but is the Jonsered synthetic mix the same as the Husky xp oil or is it something else? I usually run Ultra but I saw that for sale the other day and grabbed some to try it.

Back