Should I buy? 031AV for $100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmauster

Secret ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The guy says he left old gas in it.. Looks decently clean for its age..... Should i look at the piston and buy it if its not thrashed? Figure its hard to go wrong for the price.. I have a 310 that I will be trading for a 044 mag, this would fill up the medium sized saw spot

00e0e_jJmVU0biaVI_1200x900.jpg 00O0O_inmO9xYgkYE_1200x900.jpg

Ok, good to know. It sounds like ill pass, i dont need the extra weight of an archaic saw.

My parents gave me the 310, after a while they realized they didnt need the 044 for property cleanup so im going to trade them. :) The 310 wouldnt start at first.. done a lot of repair and cleanup on it for them.

I have been working with a lot of huge oak lately, more power would be great

That's pretty clean looking but you could probably get a decent runner for $100. Some folks like running them. Good little saw for its age.

031's can have serious case of boschitis......they run nice when there right but can drive ya nuts sorting them out. Parts are out there but oem prices with shock ya....I dig and respect the older saws but to me a 100 dollar 31 should be bout perfect.....if it has no spark that's a 20-50 buck saw.....

That saw in the pic appears to be one with points so it might not be so bad. Maybe a little carb and points cleaning and it'd be okay. Still a bit heavy for it's power but not that bad..I usually don't pay $100 for an 031 though..

Really its CAD. Its local and affordable.. Im not a tiny guy so the 044 will work for anything the 025 cant.. Harley snapped me out of my cad.

Its on craigslist Mendocino, CA if anyone is curious

Back