should I buy husky 570

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klayton

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
found a saw at a local junker place and guy wants 125$ clutch is broken so thats 50$ and looks like the oiler is busted up too. oh yeah no bar and chain. but runs great. Should i do this deal i don't really need the saw but i hate passing up on good deals?

$125 chainsaw + $50 clutch + $30 oiler (used ebay right now) + $70 20" bar & chain = $275

Pros - $275 for a 70cc saw with new bar and chain is a good price. If you decide you don't like it, it should be easy to sell it for $275. The 570 is a quality saw and parts are readily available.

Cons - Compared to a 372xp, the 570 is bulkier, heavier and lethargic... which is why they never really did sell very well.

thats what i already have is 372xp thats why i say i don't need this other 70cc saw but it seems like a good deal he broke the clutch cutting brush i guess a piece went into the drum and busted the clutch and oiler at the same time

thats what i already have is 372xp thats why i say i don't need this other 70cc saw but it seems like a good deal he broke the clutch cutting brush i guess a piece went into the drum and busted the clutch and oiler at the same time

a common thing with these clutches is someone trying to remove them like a small saw with a punch when they are really on there. alot of times the guide of the shoes will crack or break off and the shoes will have so much side to side movement that they can actually hit the oiler and break off the worm gear drive arms. it's grosse but **** happens.

The red max version finally sold out on ebay a few months ago, $600 shipped. That was new with bar and chain.
I believe the clutch parts are the same as the 372, the drum is anyway. You have an easily removable drum and bars and chains it would seem. Probably comes down to how used and abused it is. Or just wait for the latest and greatest to come along.

is the 570 a magnesium case or plastic clamshell thing
Mag case. I would buy it and wait for cheaper parts to show up on eBay. It would be a decent back up, and if you decide you don't like it in a few years, it should be easy to get your money back.

Here is my 570 working hard. I did trade it in on a 562xp after this job and now have a 576xp AT. So even after owning the more powerful 576 I'd still like to have a 570 as a backup stump saw. I remember the 570 pulling hard and starting without any problem. Offer $100.00 for the saw, see what happens.

3-2.jpg

Back