Should I Cover?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't cover my entire supply all at once. I have 2'x4' pieces of 1/4" plywood I get from work for free so I usually will cover up as much of the current seasons pile with that. I also move a bunch of wood close to the back door and cover that with canvas tarps for use during the crappy part of winter.

Nice wood stacks there... that is how I cover mine in summer here (Harbor Freight silver tarp?).

I like the OWB too, but they are considered to be soooooooooooooooooo evil, and are banned in Orygun and Warshington now.

TSC tarp. Brown on the other side which is how I wanted it on the pile..ooops. Too lazy to change.
Yes my evil OWB has been running non stop since Dec 2010. That was before they were evil and the government actually paid you to install them. This stove is no longer approved for PA. Too much smoke...if you burn garbage maybe...

10187178725_287c134b2a_c.jpg

Randy, I stack mine on pallets uncovered for 6-12 months. Then it gets stacked in the wood shed for 12-24+ months. My wood stoves like very dry wood, as do I...

Good info here guys. I'm gonna build my own OWB when I get time (my be a few years). I like the idea of the heat exchanger in the duct work, and the fire outside.

On the avatars, if you upload them now, you can use a larger pic, and the will be clearer.

Like lots of others here I just cover the next 15' of wood that I will be burning and as I burn the wood I move the tarps down. I only cover the top an a little bit of the sides with the tarp. My wood pile is 4' wide and about 6' tall. The rest of my wood is exposed to the elements but I dont get much in the way of long sustained snow coverage around here.

Like lots of others here I just cover the next 15' of wood that I will be burning and as I burn the wood I move the tarps down. I only cover the top an a little bit of the sides with the tarp. My wood pile is 4' wide and about 6' tall. The rest of my wood is exposed to the elements but I dont get much in the way of long sustained snow coverage around here.
sending snow to lancaster co.:D

TSC tarp. Brown on the other side which is how I wanted it on the pile..ooops. Too lazy to change.
Yes my evil OWB has been running non stop since Dec 2010. That was before they were evil and the government actually paid you to install them. This stove is no longer approved for PA. Too much smoke...if you burn garbage maybe...

I see. So they are being banned everywhere now... mine smoked about as much as yours there, at the most. But all the flap lately over a very few people burning tires and diapers. Also indoor boilers are not allowed here now, even gasifiers. All firewood will likely be banned in time, so they can tax and regulate pellet burners.

Latest posts

Back