should I sell my 046 or keep it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldamtower

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys I haven't been on tho forum for a while but was trying to disside whether to hold on to my stihl 046 magnum or sell it I have about 350 dollars in it it runs great cuts and does everything it should it looks great on the outside. Can. I make any money or should I hold on to it.

Yeah I guess but I'm only 14 so I wanted to Maybey make some extra money to but one and make it a really strong runner

When you get older, you might be glad you have it. What are you doing with a saw that big if you're only 14??
I'm 68 and my little 50 cc Husky is just the right size for me, of course I like my 044 with 28" light bar also!

Well, if you are only 14, the 046 may be a little big for you now. Wait until you are 16 and then make your decision. I suspect that you will be glad you held on to it, because that saw is worth well over $350 if it runs well. I've seen them sell on e-bay this year for $600 plus $30 shipping. A new MS460 would set you back a grand.

14 bud. i am 17 turning 18 this winter, keep the 046 , i regret geting ride of my 660s at a young age to beaucse i was a little young wish i still had them kicking around

Well, if you are only 14, the 046 may be a little big for you now. Wait until you are 16 and then make your decision. I suspect that you will be glad you held on to it, because that saw is worth well over $350 if it runs well. I've seen them sell on e-bay this year for $600 plus $30 shipping. A new MS460 would set you back a grand.

A Grand???..lol..look at New Zealand prices.. http://www.stihl.co.nz/STIHL-Products/Chainsaws/01573/Professional-Chainsaws.aspx

$2800 New Zealand at todays rate.. if I ever need a new Stihl might be worth considering buying from the States, but I guess freight would ruin it.

Cant believe we are this deep into a thread and nobody has mentioned porting.... Keep the 046 send it to a builder and have it ported for $250-300 bucks and you will have all the saw you will ever need. My first pro saw was a 044. Had it for 12 years before I found AS or added a second saw.

Back