Simonized saw on Ebay?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two of the best work saw builders on AS never advertise and never say much about their work. I think I'm beginning to understand why. Way too much flak.
Things were going along fine until the children decided to chime in. These types cannot even spell micrometer let alone read one. I really try hard to be patient. Luckily there are far more good guys on this site than morons.

Last edited:
If I've followed a another thread correctly it was a Simonized saw that was purchased and then extensively re-worked by another person, lightning up of rotating assemblies, extensive porting including a lot of transfer work. Possibility the person that worked on it after Simon may have took the grinding a little far. From what I get Simon builds dependable work/falling saws, not saws tweaked to the max to get every last ounce of performance. Saws people can depend on to make a living, not shoot vids cutting 8x8 pieces of basswood. If I see a 15+ percent improvement on the 460 he's doing for us I'll be happy, but I wouldn't be surprised to see more than that.

As I was saying Indian I really think that depends upon whom the porter is. I know Eric Copsey got right at 35% gain from my 372 xpw and it would take a stick of dynamite to blow it up. No biggies though buddy. I just didnt want it to be a forgone conclusion that it couldnt be done. Because it has been done and safely at that. I always feel that as long as the customer is happy with the saw then thats all that matters really.

You are probably good at your work too, but you don't see me coming to your job and kicking the customers french fries out of your hand and pulling your little name badge off.

Thanks for the laugh of the day.:clap:

I posted this in Simons other thread...

Well my Simons 372 came in by the lovely USPS lady I hit on:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:
Left out of the store, went to the back of the property and cut up some oak logs that were sitting...unfortunately my video camera is broken. I will say though this thing cuts quite fast.
I'll go through it later today and see what the insides are up 2 though

I just got "spanked" by some moderator. I guess for being slanderous????? or rule #20,whatever that is:msp_wink:. I really feel like a "little bugger" now. I suppose I can't engage our friend from B.C. from now on or I'll get worse,so I'll retreat with my tail between my legs like the other scolded children :msp_sad:

Steve

I just got "spanked" by some moderator. I guess for being slanderous????? or rule #20,whatever that is:msp_wink:. I really feel like a "little bugger" now. I suppose I can't engage our friend from B.C. from now on or I'll get worse,so I'll retreat with my tail between my legs like the other scolded children :msp_sad:

Steve
Engage me in any grown-up or technical conversation you wish. I am very honest and easy to talk to. Just don't ever pi$$ down my back and tell me it's raining and we will get along fine. All is forgiven. PS. There are some very nice places in Ontario, good lake fishing in the North. Cheers, Simon.

Not interested anymore Simon,seems the "police" here are too "heavy handed".I wasn't pizzin' down on you,just posted what I had heard.This whole childish B.S. about porters not posting their work is "over the top" as far as I'm concerned. It's all been done before (various porting techniques,etc.),so to showcase a porters work would be a display of ones pride. I know in my business when I open up a tool that has been built by an "outsider",I am the first to shout out to the other Toolmakers to "come look at this beautiful craftsmanship"& marvel at the care & precision the man took in building it.Conversely,if it is a piece of sh*t the same sort of gathering will be had.
Just saying ,if you're proud of it...show it & claim it.
Thats it for me here.

Steve

Not interested anymore Simon,seems the "police" here are too "heavy handed".I wasn't pizzin' down on you,just posted what I had heard.This whole childish B.S. about porters not posting their work is "over the top" as far as I'm concerned. It's all been done before (various porting techniques,etc.),so to showcase a porters work would be a display of ones pride. I know in my business when I open up a tool that has been built by an "outsider",I am the first to shout out to the other Toolmakers to "come look at this beautiful craftsmanship"& marvel at the care & precision the man took in building it.Conversely,if it is a piece of sh*t the same sort of gathering will be had.
Just saying ,if you're proud of it...show it & claim it.
Thats it for me here.

Steve
I posted some of my porting work in 2005 or 2006 can't remember. You're correct about pride, I always have a saw or 2 in various stages in my shop. I show fallers who come to my shop what I do. They USE my saws, they don't compete with me for business.

Funny, some people Just don't get it, and can't seem to get along with others,,,, They just Like pizzin in the sandbox

Yes, I know It is a 3+ year old thread

Latest posts

Back