Simonized saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
went for 30 "

settled on a 30" after all. Called Dave and he said that there was no 28 available so 30 it is.. forgot to ask about stihl mount. Oh well i'll find out soon enough. Is there an adaptor from Husky to Stihl just in case?

settled on a 30" after all. Called Dave and he said that there was no 28 available so 30 it is.. forgot to ask about stihl mount. Oh well i'll find out soon enough. Is there an adaptor from Husky to Stihl just in case?

There is an adapter to run Stihl bars on Huskies. But not from husky to Stihl. You'll have to grind out the slot larger to put on a stihl.

After a chat on the phone with Simon this evening it looks like a 372 full wrap with heated handles will be born this week !!
He is a very busy man who always finds time to chat and listens to what you , the customer wants, I swear that he is excited as I'am about getting my new falling saw. It looks a 346 XP is next on the menu in the new year Thanks Simon.

Simon, yes, I've tried several Canadian whiskeys. I always found them to be lacking in character, a little too smooth for my tastes (JMHO).

Canadian whiskey vs. American whiskey vs. Scotch whisky = Stihl vs. Husqvarna vs. Dolmar. It's all a matter of what you like, and you should drink what you like. I'm not a friend of Bill, but we're acquainted.

Simon, yes, I've tried several Canadian whiskeys. I always found them to be lacking in character, a little too smooth for my tastes (JMHO).

That's because Canadians don't use whiskey to make up for a lack of character....

That's because Canadians don't use whiskey to make up for a lack of character....

Hey now. Let's keep this civil-like.

I like me some smooth whiskey and I also like me some kick-in-the-pants whiskey. It takes all kinds. To each, his own. I'm working on a bottle of Johnnie Walker Green at the moment. A toast to all my AS buds,

Cheers!

That's right, I posted this at 3pm my time ;) At least it's after lunch...

I'll drink to that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

It's only 10:00 AM here.

But I do work the Graveyard shift!

Received great news this evening from Simon, my new 372 XPWG is about to start it's trip to Ireland. Should be here at the end of next week and that heated full wrap will be welcome !
Apart from the fine saws he produces Simon is also a real pro to deal with, I had the tracking # and serial # of the saw tonight and he has even included the mix oil he recomends for the run in so all is as it should be to start a work saws life.

My first Simonized saw was bought second hand as I reckon that's enough to spend to see if you like what you are getting, it had done a year with a faller in Canada and it has done another year with me working hard on our hardwoods and it's still like the day I got it, proof enough that a well moddified saw is still a relliable tool.

Ive bought several saws through AS and have had great results and that has been between individuals whereas Simon is dealing with companys and orders of several saws at one time not just a one man band like me on the other side of the Atlantic so Ive been most impressed with his willingness to always give me time to answer any questions

Now where's that tracking # ....

I have never seen a guy so stoked to receive a saw!!! lol. Tracking # is EE 129 769 923 CA. Canada Post. I hope it does not get intercepted on the way there!!!!

Simon, got almost 6 tanks through my new 372 today and all is well, towards the end of the day I started to notice a difference and the heated handles and carb were a delight today as it was 1 c at best ! I did a very quick video but I have not a clue how to get it here from youtube if anyone wants to post it feel free, TreeworkDK. No falling today just some firewood.
Thanks again for your great service.

[video=youtube;BqGhwOiyCvY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqGhwOiyCvY[/video]

[video=youtube;ZY8t0sLZTE0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY8t0sLZTE0[/video]

Thanks SawinR for posting those, first one is my first 372 done by Simon and before anyone gives me a hard time I do not run a chain that loose as a rule the truth is I didn't notice till I had done that vid !
Yes Simon you can be sure it will be run hard but not put away wet !!

Have fun Dave, put 50 tanks through her and we can lean it out a bit.

Yeah it's a rocket!!!!! just like mine!!! Nice work buddy!!!

Cheers And hey BTW,,,,,, what is wrong with a good shot of 12 year old Single Malt Glenfiddich Special Reserve Scotch Wiskey???

Cheers bro,,, I am on Tank 33,,,,

Latest posts

Back