Simonized saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Especially when they could be getting gains of at least 20% just by paying $100 for a muffler cover.

:crazy1:

I've been saving this one special for you

5f913845ccddbc2570e5e0efc95dda0f.jpg

Just my 2 cents.

I saw for a living. The "best porter" is kind of a silly way of putting things. It all comes down to personal preference. The guy that does my saws doesn't do anything crazy. Nice gains, and I know I can depend on the saw. I've worked with guys who like stuff that's completely over the top....My saws last a bit longer and most people on here probably wouldn't care for them. I love 'em. Personal preference.

I say leave Simon alone. I don't care about videos. How does the saw feel on the stump? How quickly can I manipulate holding wood with the bar buried? That's all I care about. I deal with whom I'm told does good work, and only from sources I respect greatly.....word gets around.

If people like his stuff, then he'll do well, if not....then he won't. If Simon does indeed build dependable work saws with nice gains, he probably won't go over to well with the cookie cutter club.

On that same note, if his saws are the real deal for fallers, word will get around. It always does amongst us. There are a lot of fantastic saw builders that have never spent a second on this site. Doesn't make them hacks.

- Sam

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents.

I saw for a living. The "best porter" is kind of a silly way of putting things. It all comes down to personal preference. The guy that does my saws doesn't do anything crazy. Nice gains, and I know I can depend on the saw. I've worked with guys who like stuff that's completely over the top....My saws last a bit longer and most people on here probably wouldn't care for them. I love 'em. Personal preference.

I say leave Simon alone. I don't care about videos. How does the saw feel on the stump? How quickly can I manipulate holding wood with the bar buried? That's all I care about. I deal with whom I'm told does good work, and only from sources I respect greatly.....word gets around.

If people like his stuff, then he'll do well, if not....then he won't. If Simon does indeed build dependable work saws with nice gains, he probably won't go over to well with the cookie cutter club.

On that same note, if his saws are the real deal for fallers, word will get around. It always does amongst us. There are a lot of fantastic saw builders that have never spent a second on this site. Doesn't make them hacks.

- Sam

true word's.....

mtsamloggit, excellent choice or words, your right on the money.
Even at the gtg there will be some saws used that prolly wouldn't last a week in the woods or in a commercial firewood business.
The fastest saw isn't the same as the best saw there. Terry has done everything possible to try to make it an equitable test. I've not seen any far fetched claims of performance by Simon. Simply that he has modded a heck of a lot of fallers saws and they repeat their business.
I don't think there is many guys out there willingly to work over a saw for nothing, that's right, Simon is working over the 460 for not one red cent to have a guy he doesn't know from Adam to do a before and after vid showing the gains his work does. How many porters are willing to put there money and time where their mouth is not many. To me that speaks volumes about a guys character.
He's a stand up guy as far as I'm concerned.

It sure as hell better than trying to sell a modded muffler for 125.00 a pop and claim it gives you a 20 percent gain lol.
It's only 75.00 if you furnish the muffler lol. My 17 year old will mod you one up if you furnish the muffler for 10.00 bucks and his welds look a damn site better.

mtsamloggit, excellent choice or words, your right on the money.
Even at the gtg there will be some saws used that prolly wouldn't last a week in the woods or in a commercial firewood business.
The fastest saw isn't the same as the best saw there. Terry has done everything possible to try to make it an equitable test. I've not seen any far fetched claims of performance by Simon. Simply that he has modded a heck of a lot of fallers saws and they repeat their business.
I don't think there is many guys out there willingly to work over a saw for nothing, that's right, Simon is working over the 460 for not one red cent to have a guy he doesn't know from Adam to do a before and after vid showing the gains his work does. How many porters are willing to put there money and time where their mouth is not many. To me that speaks volumes about a guys character.
He's a stand up guy as far as I'm concerned.
It sure as hell better than trying to sell a modded muffler for 125.00 a pop and claim it gives you a 20 percent gain lol.
It's only 75.00 if you furnish the muffler lol. My 17 year old will mod you one up if you furnish the muffler for 10.00 bucks and his welds look a damn site better.

I'd kiss his hind-end too, if I were getting a free port job! :D

Most people don't know what a real ported saw should feel like. Making more noise doesn't always mean more power. I am very familiar with all three izers on Vancouver island. I've seen saws that were supposedly ported that had absolutely zero material removed from the cylinder. It kinda pisses me off when people pay good money for porting that doesn't actually get done.

Well said. The only people that believe, or are impressed by, stuff like that are people who don't know any better. Just like another poster on here said...they think more noise always equals more power and they don't yet have the experience to know that isn't always true.

Anthony, if the saw is a turd, you can be assured it will be called a turd or worse.lol If it is a runner, it'll be called a runner. I dang sure won't kiss anyone's azz. I purposely picked the most seasoned piece of wood I had here at the house.
I was a little surprised how long it took the stock saw to get through it. I didn't realize it had been laying around that long. It'll either do it or won't. You can be safe betting I'll call a spade a spade, I sure as hell won't be mis-represented in anyway, as I know other AS members might send their saws and hard earned money that way and I dang sure want them to get the straight and skinny as money is just too dang tight to pizz off in the wind. It's going to be a dang tight summer, diesel just hit 4.01 here, it's going to cost a fortune in tractor fuel this year. Don't know how some folks will ever make it. We've raised our wood prices for the first time in years and prolly will raise it again if gas keeps going up. This winter is going to be tough on some folks.

Yeah your right, $1599 for a new "Simonized" 372 with "Special" piston, "sure as hell better."

Yeah your right, $1599 for a new "Simonized" 372 with "Special" piston, "sure as hell better."
"That is a saw that I made that had to pass WCB regs. The muffler was made by John Kretz. I like triple ports and I braze them. I did the internal work on that saw, we were charging $435 because Husq would not take the new parts back."
As quoted by Simons talking to me. That is why they were so expensive because they could not return the parts.

It saddens me that people automatically jump to conclusions before finding out the information. Its really easy to ask Simons questions personally. YA KNOW RIGHT? I did I guess I am just on the know with his saws and his saw on ebay. I shopped the product before buying and now I am all knowing of said product.
As such I stand beside said product and I have not even put my hands on it. Rest assured I will next week though

Do unto others as you would expect to be undone to you
"Cheers"-Simonizer

Last edited:
Most people don't know what a real ported saw should feel like. Making more noise doesn't always mean more power. I am very familiar with all three izers on Vancouver island. I've seen saws that were supposedly ported that had absolutely zero material removed from the cylinder. It kinda pisses me off when people pay good money for porting that doesn't actually get done.

3 izers? I know of two, Simon and Walkers, who else?

Latest posts

Back