skid steers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably a scam. No such thing as free lunch. How much are those things new?

No it's not. I call and talked to the people. It is a repo unit. It will only cost $265 to have there mobile mechanic go to the location and give it an inspection. That is cheap insurance. If it had Hi-Flow it would be on it's way to Missouri right now. We are buying one for our town. I'm on the board and get to find the equipment. We are just going to go new. I can't find another used one with those hours with hiflow anywhere close to that price. We can get a new one for $38k with heat,ac,2speed,and hiflow. They also repo a S250 from the same guy.

Scott

Try S300 or T300 on ebay. S300 is tires and T300 is tracks. There are a few T300s that look pretty good and somewhat cheap. I run a T300 gold everyday and there is now way I could work without it. NOTHING stops that machine. I don't care what they say, every machine out there puts damage on grass, its just a matter of how much. As far as the A300, I just don't trust the four wheel steering in a heavy duty environment. What the repair costs would be, I don't want to know. There was a S300 with both tires and over tracks for pretty cheap on ebay. Bobcat would be my first choice. :cheers:

Or go on ebay and try bobcat 864. That was the first track machine they put out before they went to the S and T designations. They are older but cheaper and mostly the same abilities.:clap:

Push a tree over.
DSCN2206.jpg

Load big logs.
DSCN2129.jpg

Pull trees.
DSCN2127.jpg

Load and pull the log bunk home.
DSCN0661.jpg

Auger holes.
DSCN1032.jpg

Carry stumps.
DSCN1053.jpg

Carry brush.
DSCN0896.jpg

Move trailers.
DSCN2507.jpg

Yes, they are the machine to have.

those are some nice pictures you have there. i like that grapple root rake.

Thanks Tim, I built it myself. I use it for moving big brush piles and logging. Works really well sorting logs on a landing, after skidding them in. I rotate it over and use it like a clam a lot, great visibility.

I love my s220 and want to upgrade to a A300, but the thought of how easy it would be to tear up the all steer parts really worries me. We need someone with a A300 to tell us about it!

I love my s220 and want to upgrade to a A300, but the thought of how easy it would be to tear up the all steer parts really worries me. We need someone with a A300 to tell us about it!

I searched the internet, including a bobcat forum, and didn't really find anything negative and found a couple of guys that had them and loved them. One guy had it for about 6 years with only good to say about it.

Here is a report from an A300 owner: I love it!

... I don't care what they say, every machine out there puts damage on grass, its just a matter of how much. As far as the A300, I just don't trust the four wheel steering in a heavy duty environment. What the repair costs would be, I don't want to know. There was a S300 with both tires and over tracks for pretty cheap on ebay. Bobcat would be my first choice. :cheers:

No, my A300 DOES NOT put damage on the grass. At least if you are careful and use the floatation tires. 0, nada, none, and nothing. When I first got it, we removed a tree using a neighbors freshly overseeded yard. No damage, no complaints, but we were very careful.

Keep in mind that this is a BIG machine: it weighs over 8500 lbs. Even with floatation tires it will cause soil compaction, just like any truck. If you haul heavy logs over soft ground, of course you will leave depressions or ruts. Turf damage with torn crown, bare dirt: NONE. That is why I bought it, and it does a nice job. If you are a moron operator, and steer right-left-right-left without moving, it will mark little divots where the wheels are pivoting. Even then, it is not any worse than some guys do with zero turn mowers.

Repairs: over 1200 hrs on mine, no repairs yet, although we have replaced several front windows and a whole bunch of hydraulic couplers.

I talked to a nursery that was using one. It had 3400hrs and they hadn't had any major repairs. The guy told me thy had replaced a couple servos but that was it.

Scott

I have been thinking of selling my Bobcat 843B If any one is interested in a solid older machine. It looks just like the 763 Nails posted just a little bigger. It has a bucket, grapple, and small bachoe attachment that would go with it. Let me know if anyones interested.

$8,500 Takes it. 4cyl diesel.

skid steer

thinking about buying a skid steer to aid in large tree remoals, lot clearing,firewood handling, and maybe start getting into heavy brush mowing. if you have a skid steer, do you use it enough to justify owning it. is the damage to the turff worth bringing it out to a residential setting? tracks or tires? there are a lot of rocks around here, and it seems that the tracks might not hold up.any recomendations? thanks for any feed back.

I have an A300 hundred bobcat.I have had it year and a half.The wheels articulate and i have turf tires minimal damage to lawn.If its real wet it will mark up the lawn.I use it on big jobs definately worth it.When winter rolls in i have a 1 yard snow bucket.What ever machine you choose do research on company.Do they have a good record servicing the machine.Nice thing is bobcat is 10 minutes from my house.Bobcat has been around 50 years hope that helps

I have an A300 hundred bobcat.I have had it year and a half.The wheels articulate and i have turf tires minimal damage to lawn.If its real wet it will mark up the lawn.I use it on big jobs definately worth it.When winter rolls in i have a 1 yard snow bucket.What ever machine you choose do research on company.Do they have a good record servicing the machine.Nice thing is bobcat is 10 minutes from my house.Bobcat has been around 50 years hope that helps

is this your first skid steer? if so, do you use it more than you thought you would before you bought it? the only thing i don't like about the bobcats is the hand foot controls.

Latest posts

Back